Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I a currently installing the new Abbey Road drums!

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Not for me.I was really just after the vintage Ludwig samples.

Turning down the room mics don't seem to do much...

There's OH and Room... make sure you're turning them down for the drums and not the percussion.

I'm able to get a dry sound, without much trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I just got a mail from Native for Abbey Road 70s drums.

They don't hang around these guys. How long has the 60s version been on the market? A few months?

I just got a mail from Native for Abbey Road 70s drums.

They don't hang around these guys. How long has the 60s version been on the market? A few months?

Also got the mail... Very tempting...

Wish I could see a list of the products they have planned... Can't be buying it all...

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Also got the mail... Very tempting...

Wish I could see a list of the products they have planned... Can't be buying it all...

I'm an Addictive drums man myself. I've been mixing them with Steven Slate drums of late. They sound good to my partially deaf, untrained ears:D

These look interesting but I keep getting flashes of Elvis in Las Vegas with that guy doing crazy stuff on the double bass/kick drums, very 1970s.

I'm an Addictive drums man myself. I've been mixing them with Steven Slate drums of late. They sound good to my partially deaf, untrained ears:D

These look interesting but I keep getting flashes of Elvis in Las Vegas with that guy doing crazy stuff on the double bass/kick drums, very 1970s.

Haha...

I gotta try those Slate drums....

I also picked up the new release of the Superior Custom and Vintage... Dome awesome stuff in that!

At this rate it'll be a new drumkit every song ;)

• Advertisement

Haha...

I gotta try those Slate drums....

I also picked up the new release of the Superior Custom and Vintage... Dome awesome stuff in that!

At this rate it'll be a new drumkit every song ;)

I got a great deal on the slate drums. I got them from Audiomidi.com for $20.00. I am not affiliated with these guys by the way. I mention them in every other post:D

They, the drums, come as a download so you have them in a couple of hours. I then got an E mail directly from Slate offering an additional set of drums for $30 or two for $50.

I got the two. So thats 3 sets of Steven Slate drums for $70 or less than 50 Euro.

Happy days.

I got a great deal on the slate drums. I got them from Audiomidi.com for $20.00. I am not affiliated with these guys by the way. I mention them in every other post:D

They, the drums, come as a download so you have them in a couple of hours. I then got an E mail directly from Slate offering an additional set of drums for $30 or two for $50.

I got the two. So thats 3 sets of Steven Slate drums for $70 or less than 50 Euro.

Happy days.

can you get me your employee discount?

can you get me your employee discount?

Ha ha ha. That would be some job. I'd say the pay's crap but the perks would be fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Futureadvocate

There are a few new videos up on the NI Youtube channel regarding the 70's drums.I have to say i think they are the nicest drum samples i've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EqdW9KlihE

There are a few new videos up on the NI Youtube channel regarding the 70's drums.I have to say i think they are the nicest drum samples i've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EqdW9KlihE

Thanks for that!

The 60s kits sound much better than their demos so these sound like they're gonna be must own as well.....

Grrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Futureadvocate

Thanks for that!

The 60s kits sound much better than their demos so these sound like they're gonna be must own as well.....

Grrrrrrrr

I know how you feel!

I just spent around €300 on Addictive Drums & AD retro.I got a torrent of the AR 60's Drums just to try it out but i'll most definitely buy this.

I know how you feel!

I just spent around €300 on Addictive Drums & AD retro.I got a torrent of the AR 60's Drums just to try it out but i'll most definitely buy this.

Painful, ain't it?

Hope they release modern custom drums as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Seamonster

Hey, my new Mac arrived yesterday so now I can at last look at getting some amazing new drum sounds. Bit confused now though because I had my heart set on buying 60's drums but now the feckers have gone and released 70's drums which sound incredible too. I thought 60's was the dogs and thought that was that. Maybe I should hold off in case they sell both in a bundle cheaper in a few weeks........

Any body think 70's is better or is it down to preference?

Here is a link I found too of a 60's demo which gives a great idea how they sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTXxwJ3kkSA&NR=1

Seamonster wrote: »
    Hey, my new Mac arrived yesterday so now I can at last look at getting some amazing new drum sounds. Bit confused now though because I had my heart set on buying 60's drums but now the feckers have gone and released 70's drums which sound incredible too. I thought 60's was the dogs and thought that was that. Maybe I should hold off in case they sell both in a bundle cheaper in a few weeks........

Any body think 70's is better or is it down to preference?

Here is a link I found too of a 60's demo which gives a great idea how they sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTXxwJ3kkSA&NR=1

Having used the 60s drums A LOT I wouldn't swap them for the 70s ones, based purely on the 70s demo, because a) I can have both an b) I can have both.

That being said, if I had to choose one, I'd need to hear a better demo of the 70s stuff... Even then... Well, you'd probably be really happy with either.

As for a bundle, based on NI's history, it'll surely happen, but nit in weeks, months, at best!

I guess, in summary, you can't go wrong with the 60s kit; the 70s will prolly be, at very worst, nearly as good as the 60s and maybe even better. No one knows yet I'd say.

:)

I doubt you'd regret anything, but waiting for months.

I reckon you are right, I did think the sounds from the 60's set was incredible so that's probably the best one to go for. I have always loved 70's production on drums on albums from bands like Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac etc. so that's what threw me when I saw the new 70's Abbey Road kit :confused: But I imagine the 60's kit covers a huge range of snares, toms etc. anyway....

The 70's kit isn't available until the end of March so I have a week or two to dwell it over.

will defo let you know how it goes.....

Thanks for advice again!

Seamonster wrote: »
    I reckon you are right, I did think the sounds from the 60's set was incredible so that's probably the best one to go for. I have always loved 70's production on drums on albums from bands like Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac etc. so that's what threw me when I saw the new 70's Abbey Road kit :confused: But I imagine the 60's kit covers a huge range of snares, toms etc. anyway....

The 70's kit isn't available until the end of March so I have a week or two to dwell it over.

will defo let you know how it goes.....

Thanks for advice again!

glad to be of some help!

I would say as well that with the tea-towel samples you really get 6 kits.

Late and early 60s modern, vintage and tea-towel versions.

Not sure if they'll do the same with the 70s.

Though I wouldn't be surprised...

Can't wait to hear what you do with it.

Hi, will definitely put something online as soon as I can. Nice one!

At last! Downloaded 70's drums yesterday and locked myself in the studio figuring it out and listening to the sounds which are as amazing as I thought. I imagined it might be messy re-wiring with Ableton but Kontakt player is just used as a plug in and then you just select the 70's kit. I have only used the first '4 mike full kit' set but really great sound, huge rooms, it's exactly what I was looking for. It's really easy to use...

I play in a band and started working on a demo recently using old drum hit samples, I have started re-recording them with 70's drums now so once I have 1 or 2 ready I will stick a link up here.

Happy days!

I have also installed the 70s drums now and love 'em.

here's a sample...

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/sun-keeps-beating-first-drums-pt-2

I did nothing to them at all (wellllll almost nothing) and will have to mess around a bit before I'm happy, but it gives you a taste.

This is the Open Kit LITE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I have also installed the 70s drums now and love 'em.

here's a sample...

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/sun-keeps-beating-first-drums-pt-2

I did nothing to them at all (wellllll almost nothing) and will have to mess around a bit before I'm happy, but it gives you a taste.

This is the Open Kit LITE.

Linky be dead.

• Advertisement

eoin5 wrote: »
    Linky be dead.

they're used here:

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/live-mix-02

Advertisement