Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I think it is very interesting that there have been 2 independent sightings of something very similar in the same area although obviously that doesn't neccessarily make it paranormal.

I agree. Especially since in the OP here there were two people present who seem to have both witnessed the same thing and were both frightened enough to run. I'm not saying it was some sort of hybrid paranormal entity but I'd like to know what's provoking such a reaction in people.

I'm also more than a little amazed at the attitudes in this thread. I'd generally be skeptical to say the least, but I wouldn't advocate a sustained and rude attack on the persons in question who are just trying to convey what they saw/heard of.

It pretty much defeats the purpose of having a forum for people to dicuss their experiences if they're targeted by skeptics who lace into them and completely have a go for two pages. Comments such as this:

I'm sure you and your friends will have many happy outings scaring each other with fairytales and things that go bump in the night.

are just unnecessary IMO.

Unless there's an undercurrent here I'm missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

There's absolutly no undercurrant as far as I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

pookie82 wrote: »

It pretty much defeats the purpose of having a forum for people to dicuss their experiences if they're targeted by skeptics who lace into them and completely have a go for two pages.
    I didn't see any 'lacing into'. I saw Mr. Incognito looking for proof. That's what this forum is for; debating. If you're going to make claims of the existance of the paranormal you'd better have more than "well, they said it kinda looked like a horse, but that it wasn't a horse..." to back you up. I can never understand why some people who believe in this stuff expect all conversations to go:
    "I saw this"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Well someone else saw something like it too, but didn't get a good look, so that proves that there's something there"
    "Ah, you've convinced me!"

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof; as the saying goes.

Something deer-shaped, seen in a park known to be full of deer, in the dark, by people who didn't stick around long enough to make sure it wasn't a deer, is most likely a deer. It's called Occam's Razor: the simplest solution is probably the correct one.

Very true,

My point in replying was to let OP know his friends arnt going mad as there was another report,

I know that park like the back of my hand, and it more then likely was a deer as they roam around freely.

The report I got, she was sure it wasn't but that doesn't mean it 100% wasn't a deer if that makes sense.

It is the most logical explanation.

You always have to put Logic before Paranormal when investigating.

ie Try find the logical explanation first, then if you can't, then decide whether it's paranormal or not.

I mentioned that the lady said it wasn't a deer and got a backlash from it...that was her opinion, not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Very true,

My point in replying was to let OP know his friends arnt going mad as there was another report,

I know that that's what you meant, but it was kind of phrased in such a way that it could be read as you endorsing it as some kind of púca, since you didn't offer any other explanation for it.
    Ruth KPS wrote: »
    I mentioned that the lady said it wasn't a deer and got a backlash from it...that was her opinion, not mine.
    Well, get her on here and we'll interrogate her instead! :D

• Advertisement

Oh ok, I see that now... lol thanks for pointing it out to me.. ;)

Deal, you bring the duck tape, she'll talk eventually lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

kylith wrote: »
    I didn't see any 'lacing into'. I saw Mr. Incognito looking for proof.

I don't have a problem with looking for proof. I thought he could have been a little less rude about it. See my above quote of his snide comments. Completely unneessary IMO.
    If you're going to make claims of the existance of the paranormal you'd better have more than "well, they said it kinda looked like a horse, but that it wasn't a horse..." to back you up.
    No one is pretending to have proof of the paranormal, they're just sharing experiences. If someone had solid proof this forum would be pointless.
    I can never understand why some people who believe in this stuff expect all conversations to go:
    "I saw this"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Well someone else saw something like it too, but didn't get a good look, so that proves that there's something there" "Ah, you've convinced me!"

Where did anyone claim solid proof because of a couple of eye witness statements? I thought it was interesting, that's it. Can you show me where someone claimed solid proof?
    Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof; as the saying goes.

I don't disagree. But again, I saw no one claiming proof of anything, just sharing similar admittedly unexplained phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

kylith wrote: »
    “dusk had fallen and everything became pretty dark”
    So, it was dark out

“a huge figure in the distance coming quite close to her”
    It was either in the distance or coming quite close to her, which was it?

“They ran of course, they ran and ran until they were out of that park.”
    So they didn’t stop to get a good look at it?

To recap: it was dark, they saw something “like a horse” in the distance, and they ran away before they got a proper look at it? How can they be so confident it wasn’t a horse, or a deer, or two guys dressed as a pantomime cow, or a cardboard cut out, or some guy dressed as Herne the Hunter on his way home from some Medieval Fair?

Our second second hand account says that it’s “like a horse, but not a horse”*, but that person too glimpsed something, and immediately ran away so that, in your own words “she could not tell us much”.

I have to say that I’m with Mr. Incognito: if you hear hoof beats think ‘horses’ (or indeed, ‘deer’), not ‘zebras’. And until we, at least, get a first hand account of what went on.

*does anyone else hear “like a Golf, but not a Golf, but similar”?

Well it is hard under the circumstances that I wasn't there so I did my best to describe it.I never claimed it was anything paranormal but from what my sister and her boyfriend had told me, I thought it would be interesting so share with the forum.

I also said that my sisters boyfriend had got a better look at it and I have been talking to him recently.He described something slightly different.I just think its pure ignorant when you come here share your story of an ACTUAL event be it paranormal or not, and people reply with smart arsed comments.

Your comment was useless and non constructive.I don't know why I bothered answering your pathetic responce when pure ignorance is clearly eveident.I also claimed that nothing paranormal has never happened to me, i'm just here out of curiosity.

This "extraordinary" could well be a cow, stag, or horse, but it was the fact that they thought otherwise.Maybe people on here would have had a bit more info to de-bunk it.

Advertisement