Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROAST WHOLE CHICKEN-How do you cook yours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jackie_brown

180C for 1 hours and 20min for small to medium birds.
    180C for 1 1/2 hours for large birds.

that's always been my rule of thumb.

i never cover it with foil.
    I dont baste them.
    I cook them standing up with that little metal cone thing I got from Roches store donkeys years ago.

comes out perfect all the time.
    they're never dry.

try with this simple marinade of soy sauce + garlic powder + ground WHITE pepper.

delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jackie_brown

rubadub wrote: »
    I am interested in people cooking at 60C as was mentioned in another thread -has anybody done this? it could be a more economical way to do it energy wise, it is meant to take 5 hours.

i tried cooking at 60C for 5 hours.
    it came out still pale, and tepid in the inside. wasn't even cooked to the bones. poor chicken must be thinking he's on a holiday in marrakesh
    i had to turn the oven up to 180 for another hour, but by that time, the meat got overcooked and stringy.

i suggest minimum point is 80C to 90C.

Advertisement