Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reservoir Dubs

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MarysMan

I can't still get in lads - anyone else having similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

MarysMan wrote: »

Yip, still down.

Unusually, its not just the forum, its the whole site (usually when the forum is down you can still get onto the index page of the site, i.e. reservoirdubs.com).

The admin on the site has got incredible cranky over the last couple of months, but hopefully its nothing to do with that and this is a temporary issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 flutehook

MarysMan wrote: »

Using Firefox and keep getting "...can't find the server at www.reservoirdubs.com" message. Anyone know if it's up for others please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

it's odd;

i can ping the site but it aint resolving for the browser....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Site was up earlier this morning but is down now :confused: Getting the message "Table 'smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

Anyone know if it actually is a technical issue or is there something more to it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

I seem to be getting a message saying I am banned from the site under the username Batch Loaf or something. Never been that name on the site at all.

Any mods to help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

It's been corrected to Full Back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

dcr22B wrote: »
    It's been corrected to Full Back.

Cheers DCR. Appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Boards taking it over ? na I don't believe it either ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HopperDub

Alaska1 wrote: »
    Boards taking it over ? na I don't believe it either ! :D

All good things...

• Advertisement

HopperDub wrote: »
    All good things...

Say it aint so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

have to say i am disappointed with the site i have a good few posts on the site. posted a lot from games that one man and his dog was at .yet i get banned with no reason given to me . had a proper reason been given to me, instead of blocking my ip address so that i cant evan view to site i would be happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Its all roundies fault.................................... ti he he

jjj12 wrote: »
    have to say i am disappointed with the site i have a good few posts on the site. posted a lot from games that one man and his dog was at .yet i get banned with no reason given to me . had a proper reason been given to me, instead of blocking my ip address so that i cant evan view to site i would be happy enough

I am assuming you most likley made a comment on a club game ?

In fairness to the lads over there there is only so many warnings that can be given out in reagrds club games.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Alaska1 wrote: »
    jjj12 wrote: »

I am assuming you most likley made a comment on a club game ?

In fairness to the lads over there there is only so many warnings that can be given out in reagrds club games.

Would have to agree with Alaska. As a Nordie with an alternate point of view, I never found a problem with the Admins - they were (are) always spot on. A great site, very well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

A great site no doubt. This morning for example we can read results and some reports from the Junior A and B championships. But that's down to the quality of the posters.

You don't see any connection between the quality of the posters, and a well run site? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jjj12

Would have to agree with Alaska. As a Nordie with an alternate point of view, I never found a problem with the Admins - they were (are) always spot on. A great site, very well run.
    none of my posts were what you would deem boarderline . Beside that them posts areremoved very fast and without banning . Have been told more since last post . It's basically a a personality clase ( if that's possible over the Internet) one of the top people in charge basically does not like to be answered back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

This isn't the place to bitch and moan about other forums. If you've a problem with the admins/mods of another site, then take it up with them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 235 ✭✭Mullet

An Citeog wrote: »
    This isn't the place to bitch and moan about other forums. If you've a problem with the admins/mods of another site, then take it up with them.

Yea i couldn't agree more. take your issues to the mods. They do not ban posters for no reason. I met one of the mods once sound lad who runs a good ship.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As An Citeog has already said, this isn't the place to bitch and moan about other forums, it also isn't the place to call people names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

There's enough going on here without people bringing their grievances from other sites with them. The op's query has been resolved, so I think it's time to lock this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement