Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cabbage for android

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

I'm also getting the "Request failed while trying to get remaining messages. Aborted" message. I'm on O2, but not in Ireland currently. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Meteor now allow 100 international texts, is there anyway of getting this updated so Cabbage can deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Does cabbage work on a nokia windows phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Nope, but there are other options on Windows Phone.
    Noelle I think is the name of one I used when I had Windows Phone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amjo92

I just got the OnePlus phone that runs the android based operating system Cyanogen. Cabbage works with it but it no longer puts my sent messages into my actual messages. The setting to do this is ticked. Any1 experienced similar problems any ideas how I can fix this? I'm going 2 have 2 go back to paying for my txt messages if it stays like this :( the fact that the sent messages save in the conversation on the phone is the only reason I use cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

My wife has a 1+1 phone and cabbage works as normal. I'd have a look down through your settings again or do a reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

amjo92 wrote: »
    I just got the OnePlus phone that runs the android based operating system Cyanogen. Cabbage works with it but it no longer puts my sent messages into my actual messages. The setting to do this is ticked. Any1 experienced similar problems any ideas how I can fix this? I'm going 2 have 2 go back to paying for my txt messages if it stays like this :( the fact that the sent messages save in the conversation on the phone is the only reason I use cabbage.

That's a limitation that was introduces into Android KitKat. Only the default SMS app has access to write to the SMS database from KitKat onward.

In my webtext app I have managed to workaround this limitation in KitKat. So you could try it out.
    Unfortunately the same workaround doesn't work in Lollipop though.
    Link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any cabbage type app for a windows phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    That's a limitation that was introduces into Android KitKat. Only the default SMS app has access to write to the SMS database from KitKat onward.
    This is and isn't correct. You're correct about the SMS app only having Write permissions, however, if you've rooted your phone, install XPosed Installer, get AppOps and it will allow you to give permission to Cabbage to write to the SMS Database.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Hey, just wondering has there been any updates to the URL's in the 02.send.php script since 04/05/2012?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Is Cabbage working for people on Three network who were on O2 ?
    I have tried with both accounts and can manually login ok, though it redirects from O2 to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

royster999 wrote: »
    Is Cabbage working for people on Three network who were on O2 ?
    I have tried with both accounts and can manually login ok, though it redirects from O2 to 3.
    I've been having problems with cabbage since o2.ie redirected to Three.ie, I suspect thats causing an issue unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Any alternatives to Cabbage for 2/former O2 customers?

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

Try SwiftSMS

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mr Grumpy

Had to reset my phone and Cabbage Ultimate is not in the Play Store anymore. Can anyone help? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Mr Grumpy wrote: »
    Had to reset my phone and Cabbage Ultimate is not in the Play Store anymore. Can anyone help? Thanks
    There's nothing on his website about the take down
    http://www.cabbagetexter.com/
    You could get the source code there.

You could Google for the apk file with all the risks that installing from unknown sources brings.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055165333/460

Says watch this space

Balls I had to reinstall Android and I forgot to backup the Cabbage Ultimate App and can't find a legit APK anywhere. It's gone off Play Store also.

Please somebody help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Balls I had to reinstall Android and I forgot to backup the Cabbage Ultimate App and can't find a legit APK anywhere. It's gone off Play Store also.

Please somebody help.

How do you back up apps by the way?

I've recently upgraded my phone but I haven't sold my other one yet, thats the one with cabbage ultimate on it

How do you back up apps by the way?

I've recently upgraded my phone but I haven't sold my other one yet, thats the one with cabbage ultimate on it

Titanium Backup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

You can easily backup any app from something simple like ES File Explorer or Clean Master.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

KAGY wrote: »
    There's nothing on his website about the take down
    http://www.cabbagetexter.com/
    You could get the source code there.

You could Google for the apk file with all the risks that installing from unknown sources brings.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055165333/460

Says watch this space

Looks very promising.

Can someone confirm that this is safe?
    http://cabbagetexter.com/web/newlogin.htm

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

http://cabbagetexter.com/web/newlogin.htm

It is http and not https. :eek:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GerryTheLeper

Is the desktop app not working with meteor anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Has stopped working for Tesco? Any alternatives? IO exception?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Has stopped working for Tesco? Any alternatives? IO exception?

What is cabbage used for? I was under the impression it's function is obsolete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

There's people around believe or not still utterly obsessed with web texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭jgbyr

There are still lots of people who don't use smartphones, hence the need for webtexts.
    Have you tried swift sms?
    I use it all the time, when I have to send ordinary texts, but I'm on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Also if you are sending international texts to people who don't have whatsapp etc, they are great. I tend to use the Vodafone app to do that now though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Thanks, doesnt seem to integrate messages back into the main phone message history like Cabbage..

W.

Advertisement