Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandelion Market,Stephens Green,1979-1980

Options
  • 18-02-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey,
    Im currently working on a project documenting the history of live music in the Stephens Green area, particularly the Dandelion Market gigs which took place between 1979-1980. If anyone attended any of the gigs during this period any information regarding their experiences, types of bands, or even flyers or photos would be very helpful.

I found John Fishers blog extremely insightful but anything else would be much appreciated.

http://www.johnfisher.ie/Dandelion_Market.html

Regards Naoise Morzadec.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bitzzyfitz

hows it goin, i attended many of the gigs at the ''dando'' and indeed gigged there (3 times?) with the strougers. it was an old warehouse that leaked rain and puddles gathered on the concrete floor. the stage was made up of pallets and if ya jumped in the air while on stage you hit your head off the girders. it was 50 pence admission. i remember playing a version of ''anarchy for the uk'' with assorted U2 members (unfortunately) and members of the BT's as U2 had to cancel cause the edge got sick.

cheers

bitzy

Advertisement