Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council housing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Max Power1 wrote: »
    from recent experience I would agree with you 100%

Oh the irony....Is that your experience of living in a council estate... So you fall into that catagory...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I live in a council estate and I am not a single mum or drug addict and my kids are relatively usefull

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cop on guys and post somewhat constructively please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Its possible when the couple applied and got the council house they were in need and now they are not. The council do not throw people out of their houses when circumstance improve....
    They do however increase the rent significantly.

+1

They probably applied at a time when their incomes were lower.

It seems strange. Almost everybody I know who is in council housing really was in need - i.e. on welfare and mouths to feed, at the time of their original application. Its possibile they may have been living in a parents house which would be considered unsuitable housing.
    Also good possibility of local councillors messing with the housing queues - 2 of those I know of sadly said they would not have got housed at all had they not pestered their councillors through relatives and friends who had "pull." (Which before you start probably indicates that they were probably previously denied housing through others doing exactly the same thing).

Advertisement