Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking 'Body For Life' personal trainer

Options
  • 18-02-2010 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know where I could find a personal trainer who uses the 'Body for Life' programme ? I live in Dublin but i'd be willing to travel...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

Does anyone know where I could find a personal trainer who uses the 'Body for Life' programme ? I live in Dublin but i'd be willing to travel...

I don't but you don't need one for the Body for Life. Just find a good one period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I'd agree with J-Fit, is there any particular reason you feel you need a Body for Life trainer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hmmmmmmm...

I've been following the bodyforlife programme for awhile now and I really enjoy the way the workout plan is structured. After doing some research on bodybuilding.com I discovered the importance of weight training in order to sculpt and tone the body. As a female I obviously don't want to bulk up , quite the opposite... I need to lose weight and tone up. The bodyforlife programme produces the results I am looking to achieve... from what I can tell from bodyforlife.com and the Bodyforlife book.

I also like the claim that you transform your body in 12 weeks! ... if you put in the work. I would like a trainer to work with 3 times a week to keep me on track with the challenge.

The programme involes weight training intensely, three times per week on alternating days. Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body. Aerobic exercise three times per week.

I'm not strictly looking for a bodyforlife trainer.. just a trainer that uses similar techniques..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

As a woman, it would take more than just weights for you to bulk up.

When it comes to losing weight, diet will have the biggest influence

I'm not entirely sure if it's the body for life programme but Damian Maher is fantastic. He is in Dublin (sandyford).

He will only take you on if you're serious about getting fit. He's fairly hardcore.

www.bfit4life.ie

And the woman on the homepage is not a bulldh*t story. She is a member of westwood and I saw her go from before to after - pretty amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I'm not entirely sure if it's the body for life programme but Damian Maher is fantastic. He is in Dublin (sandyford).

He will only take you on if you're serious about getting fit. He's fairly hardcore.

www.befit4life.ie

And the woman on the homepage is not a bulldh*t story. She is a member of westwood and I saw her go from before to after - pretty amazing!
    That website should be www.bfit4life.ie ....

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

I've been following the bodyforlife programme for awhile now and I really enjoy the way the workout plan is structured. After doing some research on bodybuilding.com I discovered the importance of weight training in order to sculpt and tone the body. As a female I obviously don't want to bulk up , quite the opposite... I need to lose weight and tone up. The bodyforlife programme produces the results I am looking to achieve... from what I can tell from bodyforlife.com and the Bodyforlife book.

I also like the claim that you transform your body in 12 weeks! ... if you put in the work. I would like a trainer to work with 3 times a week to keep me on track with the challenge.

The programme involes weight training intensely, three times per week on alternating days. Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body. Aerobic exercise three times per week.

I'm not strictly looking for a bodyforlife trainer.. just a trainer that uses similar techniques..

Truly and honestly, you can achieve what you need to achieve with a good trainer and it doesn't require the body for life to do so. Not many trainers have pidgeon-holed themselves with one particular method and times have moved on from upper/lower body split workouts and aerobic training. Not the physiology obviously but the methods! Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

J-Fit wrote: »
    I don't but you don't need one for the Body for Life. Just find a good one period.
    totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I done the 'body for life' 12 week programme last year. I didn't use a PT as the website gives you a pretty good breakdown of all the exercises you should be doing and a sample menu of the food which I probably didn't follow as religiously as I should have:o It's very strict.

If you are new to weights just look up the ExRx site for proper form. I did find the programme good for challenging my existing weight routine but no better than any other type of programme. Maybe I should have followed the diet a bit better. And don't worry, if you are female like me, there isn't a hope of 'bulking' up in 12 weeks. I have been lifting mod to heavy weights for 3-4 years and I'm still a petite size 8.

Advertisement