Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accomodation

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Is anyone else having issues with getting the Accommodation Office to do, well, anything about maintenance stuff? Having problems with the radiator and with the fan in the bathroom, yet despite reporting them over five weeks ago and dropping in at least once a week about it, still not a sign of a repairman. Maybe I should just contact the Buildings Office directly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

gutenberg wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with getting the Accommodation Office to do, well, anything about maintenance stuff? Having problems with the radiator and with the fan in the bathroom, yet despite reporting them over five weeks ago and dropping in at least once a week about it, still not a sign of a repairman. Maybe I should just contact the Buildings Office directly...

I've found them reasonably on the ball when you phone them (assuming someone answers).

claire h wrote: »
    I've found them reasonably on the ball when you phone them (assuming someone answers).

The Accommodation Office or the Buildings Office? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

The Accommodation Office or the Buildings Office? :p

Accommodation. :p Mind you, if you're not getting a response, go bother as many people as you need 'til it gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

They give out to you if you do that... however if you cc: repairs@tcd.ie then I find it gets done quicker.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    They give out to you if you do that... however if you cc: repairs@tcd.ie then I find it gets done quicker.

So a quiet word with the Buildings Office was had... And lo and behold, two days after I first reported it to them, the heating is fixed, and a new part has been ordered for the other problem, to be installed early next week. If the Accommodation Office want to give out to me for actually being able to sleep in my room, then let them go right ahead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    Also, Trinity is a college, not a "campus".

campus n. (pl. campuses) 1 the grounds and buildings of a university or college. 2 university or college life

From The Concise Oxford Dictionary Ninth Edition
    The foremost authority on current English, and also the world's most trusted dictionaries

Advertisement