Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet advice

Options
  • 17-02-2010 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

For a middle aged reasonaly healthy male weighing about 14 stone, whats the best calorie intake? This guy eats soooo much nuts.. 7 oz of pistacio nuts 3 oz of sunflower seeds almonds ect.. I know nuts are good for you but thats far too much right??? I eat ok.. Know the basics but what you reckon on this? His calorie intake varies from 2600- 3500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

mazroo wrote: »
    For a middle aged reasonaly healthy male weighing about 14 stone, whats the best calorie intake? This guy eats soooo much nuts.. 7 oz of pistacio nuts 3 oz of sunflower seeds almonds ect.. I know nuts are good for you but thats far too much right??? I eat ok.. Know the basics but what you reckon on this? His calorie intake varies from 2600- 3500

impossible question tbh. depends on height and levels of physical activiy and of course goals. 14st may not be over weight depending on height so then there is no problem. read diet / nutrition stickes and use Gem's calculator to get rough idea of what calorie intake should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I love nuts but that's excessive if it is his daily intake. Also depends on what the rest of the diet is like regarding the potential 3500 calories. Although with that amount of nuts the calories from them alone must be over a thousand. Anyways 3500 should be above what it takes to maintain 14 stone depending on height. Unless he is burning off a huge amount of calories a day through exercise. And what is his goal? To lose weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

I love nuts but that's excessive if it is his daily intake. Also depends on what the rest of the diet is like regarding the potential 3500 calories. Although with that amount of nuts the calories from them alone must be over a thousand. Anyways 3500 should be above what it takes to maintain 14 stone depending on height. Unless he is burning off a huge amount of calories a day through exercise. And what is his goal? To lose weight?

Ill check the calculator n do the math.. But he is about 5.6 max.. And he would do maybe 40 mins moderate cardio (altho he has stepped it up a little) and a walk at lunch but thats the lot.. I know his bmr is 1800.. I calculated that.. but cant find the calorie calculator.. Wanna help this guy so appreciate ur help

Advertisement