Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CrossFit Ireland FREE Coached Session & Nutrition Talk

Options
  • 17-02-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just to let everyone know we're having a free coached session and fitness assessment for anyone who's interested in CrossFit this coming Saturday at 10am.

If you're curious as to what we do, or have never been coached in exercise and fitness, this will be a great chance to experience this. Working with a coach helps you improve your technique, get more motivated and work harder than you do on your own.

If mornings aren't your thing, we're also hosting a Nutrition Talk at 1pm that's open to the pubic free of charge. Will Walshe underwent a rapid transformation from being 110Kg "Over the Hill at 22" to down to 75Kg at his lightest, and also placing 6th in the 2009 CrossFit Games European Qualifiers.

This Nutrition Talk is helping all our members kick off our Accountability Challenge, which is designed to help people become more aware of what they eat and how vital the role of diet is in your performance, mood, vitality and appearance. You can read more about our challenge here.

If anyone would like to attend to either (or both) of these please contact us on 01-2062669 or email info at crossfit dot ie.

Thanks,
    Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

That sounds brilliant.
    I keep putting visiting you guys at crossfit on the long finger so this might be the kick in the arse I need.
    Just checked out the site, the Olympic lifting class look great, definitely need to check that out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Yeah if you can make it Trevor, that'd be brilliant.

Thought I'd throw this video up, it's our current warm up. It's inspired by Dan John's idea that if something's important, do it everyday. Which Will has informed me Dan took from a management guru.

Basically, if you're only training 2-3 times a week, you mightn't be getting the necessary exposure to all the movements. The warm up ensures that.

I'm a bit too relaxed on some movements, and a bit tense on others. I blame camera shyness.

http://www.vimeo.com/9548318 (WFS)

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Awesome. Nice stuff, clears up the questions I had yesterday. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

ah s**t, i'dlove to go to this and i also got another mail from you guys about the one day intensive session in march but i'm out of the country that day too. guess i'll just have to keep training on my own and getting it all wrong for the time being

Advertisement