Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get my money back?

Options
  • 17-02-2010 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi there.

I landed a few thousands for opening a business to a person. We signed an agreement with a witness. I was supposed to become a second director of the company and get 50% profit. Never happened.

The other party told me, it didn't work out, she got very busy and hasn't done anything with my money, so I would get a refund. Then for 2 month she kept telling me escuses, like "her car broke down" or "wheel exploded."

Finally, she told me that some bad guys are after her family and ask for money or will kill her kids.

I think she is bull****ting me. So we went to a commissioner for oath where she signed a paper saying that she will refund my money by February 15. And if not, a penalty of 100 EUR per week will be applied.
    Didn't happen...
    Another excuse - money almost collected from some other sources, I will get them by the end of the week.

I have a question. What should I do? She is constantly telling lies, but they can't be checked really. Should I report to guards about what she told me that someone is threatening her family? Is there a such thing in Ireland like in Russia where bad guys come and ask you for money? If you don't pay, they'll kill you or do something else?

Any piece of advice?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

You would be better off meeting a solicitor with all your paperwork and explaining in detail what happened.
    I doubt you will get any advice here as I believe it is against Forum policy to seek or give legal advice.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

See a solicitor, every time you talk to this person, take a note of the time and day and what was said between you, as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Unbearable wrote: »
    Hi there.

I landed a few thousands for opening a business to a person. We signed an agreement with a witness. I was supposed to become a second director of the company and get 50% profit. Never happened.

The other party told me, it didn't work out, she got very busy and hasn't done anything with my money, so I would get a refund. Then for 2 month she kept telling me escuses, like "her car broke down" or "wheel exploded."

Finally, she told me that some bad guys are after her family and ask for money or will kill her kids.

I think she is bull****ting me. So we went to a commissioner for oath where she signed a paper saying that she will refund my money by February 15. And if not, a penalty of 100 EUR per week will be applied.
    Didn't happen...
    Another excuse - money almost collected from some other sources, I will get them by the end of the week.

I have a question. What should I do? She is constantly telling lies, but they can't be checked really. Should I report to guards about what she told me that someone is threatening her family? Is there a such thing in Ireland like in Russia where bad guys come and ask you for money? If you don't pay, they'll kill you or do something else?

Any piece of advice?
    Thanks.

the way I see it you have 2 options:

Solicitor - follow the legal route, which will get as much as possible back (including legal costs)

ok ...second option is accept the loss and move on ....(it was originally gonna be hire a debt collection agency...but its not really a debt owed ...is it...its more of an investment fund not returned.)

my advice is take the legal option ...they will send in the sheriff and take stuff and sell it off in order to clear the debt owed..... will drop you a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Unbearable wrote: »
    Hi there.

Didn't happen...

Any piece of advice?
    Thanks.

There are too many variables here to accurately answer your query really. I would suggest taking court proceedings for the recovery of the sum due. However, the logistics of doing this depends on the amount of money owed. In addition, the wording of the original agreement you signed would be relevant. Simply put, you should go to a solicitor for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

Thanks lads.
    I'll give her one more week. If nothing gets better, will head to a solicitor.

Can you recommend anyone whose area of expertise is relevant to my case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DJ Alex Black

Just noticed that someone had a similar thread.

Going to solicitor on Monday. If I get a good piece of advice from him, will let you know.

Advertisement