Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Began male becoming a female with weight loss

Options
  • 15-02-2010 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

I came across this thread on bodybuilding.com

icon9.gifBegan male becoming a female with weight loss
    I am a man. I been losing weight rather quick for past 3 weeks and for some reason i am starting to cry watching sad scenes in movies. What the hell is going on?

I mom who cries more at movies like Titanic is laughing at me. Is there any freaking way the testosterone can go down with weight loss on a clean diet with proper exercise?

Save me from turning into a b*t*h frown.gif

Serious post please don't delete this thread.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Just remember that there are a lot of nutcases posting on BB.com, particularly in the Misc sections.

Okay, to answer the question. Yes, a very strict diet, particularly if it is low in saturated fat, can reduce testosterone levels. Serious lifting should help to keep the T levels high, but if he's not squatting and deadlifting, he may regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I know I'm a member over there myself. :o
    Amazing how diet affects mood isn't it, haha the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

EileenG wrote: »
    Just remember that there are a lot of nutcases posting on BB.com, particularly in the Misc sections.

Okay, to answer the question. Yes, a very strict diet, particularly if it is low in saturated fat, can reduce testosterone levels. Serious lifting should help to keep the T levels high, but if he's not squatting and deadlifting, he may regret it.

So is he going to be wearing a dress and putting on lipstick all because of the lack of deadlifting/squatting?I would say its his diet thats giving him the mood swings and prob a very very low natural test level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

digme wrote: »
    haha the poor guy.

Yea... That poor guy...

drdeadlift wrote: »
    So is he going to be wearing a dress and putting on lipstick all because of the lack of deadlifting/squatting?I would say its his diet thats giving him the mood swings and prob a very very low natural test level.

Overweight, particularly if it's in the belly area, seems to be a factor in low T levels. If you combine that with a bad diet, you have a recipe for crying at Kleenex ads.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is the opposite true? Women who train hard get more agressive? Cos if so, it would explain a lot in my life right now....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Fat cells are oestrogenic which is the female sex hormone.
    Fat cells also store large amounts of oestrogen. I have heard of obese females before, who during undergoing rapid weight loss, did not have menstrual cycles for a month or two, or normal ovulatory process was interfered with due to release large release of oestrogen into the body.
    Perhaps this is whats happening to you.

sesna wrote: »
    Fat cells are oestrogenic which is the female sex hormone.
    Fat cells also store large amounts of oestrogen. I have heard of obese females before, who are undergoing rapid weight loss, not having menstrual cycles for a month or two due to release large release of oestrogen into the body.
    Perhaps this is whats happening to you.
    This in reply to me? No rapid weight loss or dicky menstrual cycle here... Just not as meek as the pre training me used to be. Very not. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Oryx wrote: »
    This in reply to me? No rapid weight loss or dicky menstrual cycle here... Just not as meek as the pre training me used to be. Very not. :)

Oh well was just a theory. Sorry if you were offended..

sesna wrote: »
    Oh well was just a theory. Sorry if you were offended..
    God no. Not that aggressive. :D Would be interested if other women found that training affected their mood much, thats all, ya know, if it does for men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Overweight, particularly if it's in the belly area, seems to be a factor in low T levels. If you combine that with a bad diet, you have a recipe for crying at Kleenex ads.

you dont need to have high bodyfat to have low test levels some lads just have poor test levels

drdeadlift wrote: »
    you dont need to have high bodyfat to have low test levels some lads just have poor test levels

True. But you rarely have high T and a big belly.

Oryx wrote: »
    Is the opposite true? Women who train hard get more agressive? Cos if so, it would explain a lot in my life right now....:D

Very hard training can increase testosterone levels in women too, but the amount is still tiny compared with men. It's more likely to be psychological. Sort of "Don't mess with me, I can deadlift you under the table, I'm not putting up with bull****."

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

My hushand reckons I am a lot more 'assertive' since I started weight training. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If he just took some creatine that'd even things out a bit right? Increase his aggression levels a tad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

don't go beating up your husband now :D

digme wrote: »
    don't go beating up your husband now :D
    Just realise now how my post could be taken up the wrong way!!!

No fears on the husband bashing front by the way! Am still as weak as a frigging kitten after 10 months of weight training!

Nothing like hauling some heavy weights about to make you happy to stand up for yourself.

I answered the door one day to a nicknacker, mid-workout. He took one look at the size of the dumbbell in my hand, paled, ran off and never came back.

Hanley wrote: »
    If he just took some creatine that'd even things out a bit right? Increase his aggression levels a tad?

I don't think creatine has any significant effect on testosterone levels. A few decent steaks would be a better bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

What's the name of the Chuck Palahniuk book where the girl keeps feeding her ex HRT pills? It's a few years old.

That reminds me of this topic. Maybe he should check who's feeding him and see if he's pissed them off at all recently.

• Advertisement

Nothing like hauling some heavy weights about to make you happy to stand up for yourself.

I answered the door one day to a nicknacker, mid-workout. He took one look at the size of the dumbbell in my hand, paled, ran off and never came back.
    Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I haven't lifted any signifigant weights in nearly two weeks now.

Woke up this morning and just felt fat everywhere. Plus I can't seem to get me hair to behave itself at all.

Gym tonight perhaps.

Advertisement