Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Absolutely great to hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Just want to say this thread is brilliant.
    The amount of posters who open up and share thoughts and experiences and give advice and encouragement is truly humbling.

To know that you are not alone is feeling and acting the way you do is sometimes of great comfort.

I applaud everyone of you going through you're own journey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nice one handbagmad, this place has been feckin brilliant for me to release whinges and such.. Good to hear someone else feels the same.. I rant and rave here a good bit but I do like to extend my support too. I like how it works both ways.. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Well done Nicole. Fingers crossed this will be the start of your recovery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I do not feel very well in my head at all. I'll resist i hope, but f*ck sometimes there are no friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I do not feel very well in my head at all. I'll resist i hope, but f*ck sometimes there are no friends

Be strong Gremlinertia. Try not to be to hard on yourself you are going through a bad spell. I really do hope you feel better soon.

If you're thoughts are racing grab a pen and paper and write them down, get them out of your head onto paper.

Take care of yourself and keep posting here if you need to

I switched everything off last night and tried listening to music, just loneliness battering my mind again.

I find that the most difficult feeling to deal with. I'm alright since my last bout, but during it it is very hard to deal with because even something like meditation doesn't appeal at that time when you just want someone to hold onto.

I find that the most difficult feeling to deal with. I'm alright since my last bout, but during it it is very hard to deal with because even something like meditation doesn't appeal at that time when you just want someone to hold onto.

So true Jimmy.

Hope you're doing better now G.

Ah it was just painful, made the attempt to get in touch with a few people, no replies, phone very quiet these days.. Lonely lonely..

• Advertisement

Have you tried expanding your horizons Gremlin? Only recently have I made an effort with new people and it has come surprisingly easy. With the internet these days it just so easy to connect with people, filtering based on interest too!

Have you tried expanding your horizons Gremlin? Only recently have I made an effort with new people and it has come surprisingly easy. With the internet these days it just so easy to connect with people, filtering based on interest too!

Any good places for that Jimmy?

Well I was thinking along the lines of meetup.com, absolutely loads of groups, I haven't used that one myself yet but I probably will.

Even for something where there's less pressure but you're interacting with people would be a good start. Do a search for hillwalking/hiking groups in dublin and I'm sure ye'd get lots of hits. I find older people very pleasant to be around and very good for someone easing their way back into being more social because they are usually non-judgemental, easier going, and in no need to impress anyone.

Thinking of doing something like that myself.

Let's not forget that social validation is THE biggest natural seratonin source, more and more as a society we are losing this resource.

For now, no, far too messed up to try talk to new people.. Am so agitated lately that even my speech is clumsy at times.

Have you considered CBT specifically for this?

It's a question on the list for the hospital, i feel like i'm too many different people sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Anticipatory anxiety panic and just general anxiety is back with a vengeance. I got back to work after being very unwell but I think I'm back to square one....can't leave the house...go for a walk..shops or work. I'm panicking

Yeah Jim, I must look into some groups like that myself. I'm fast getting to the age now that if I don't meet people I'll be alone for good then.

Lovely the newspaper has a feature called looking for love and sex in Ireland. This will be a fun read!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eike

I've been haunting this thread for a while but decided to go ahead and post tonight.
    Not really in the best place tonight. Having really strong urges to self harm again, after doing ok for a while. Sort of hoping writing this might help me stop, which is a bit ironic, since most of me really doesn't want to stop myself.

Sorry if this post is a bit all over the place.

You're welcome here! I have self-harmed on a small scale before. Only a couple of times but the practicalities of living with the nuisance of hiding scars and showering etc. made me stop.

Hey Eike.

Like J said you're more than welcome here.

Welcome eike, I've self harmed on and off for years. I find the urge is usually worse at night when you may be less distracted by other things.. I'm here for the night if you want to chat as I'm (pretending to be) at work..

Welcome eike, I've self harmed on and off for years. I find the urge is usually worse at night when you may be less distracted by other things.. I'm here for the night if you want to chat as I'm (pretending to be) at work..

My friend was saying, and I agreed with him, that it is actually harder to pretend to be working than to actually work :P That's assuming you have someone keeping an eye on ye the whole time!

My friend was saying, and I agreed with him, that it is actually harder to pretend to be working than to actually work :P That's assuming you have someone keeping an eye on ye the whole time!

I'm the one keeping an eye on them!. The joys of bossing myself.. :-)

There's a line of a song I was listening to earlier that seems to resonate - I had forgotten about it kind of, though I wouldn't have the best memory so could have mentioned it before.. It goes 'I miss the comfort in being sad' which I think might explain why I haven't helped myself more or earlier or whatever.. I know I'm super stressed when it comes to change.. Also humans can be a creature of habit, so despite the fact that existence is unbearably painful at times and my thoughts malfunction and point me wrong directions quite often, it's also true that I'd rather remain where I am rather than risk changing things in case it doesn't work.. Catch 22.. Or sod's effin law more like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Just feeling ugh this last day or two, bored and uninterested in things. Its taking every last drop of willpower I have to make myself go to work today. I don't hate the job, I'm only there about 5 or 6 weeks but some of the stuff I don't really want to do, but mostly out of pure laziness.

Been eating badly and not exercising which is probably just compounding the problem. And I'm sexually frustrated which doesn't help matters!

• Advertisement

Just feeling ugh this last day or two, bored and uninterested in things. Its taking every last drop of willpower I have to make myself go to work today. I don't hate the job, I'm only there about 5 or 6 weeks but some of the stuff I don't really want to do, but mostly out of pure laziness.

Been eating badly and not exercising which is probably just compounding the problem. And I'm sexually frustrated which doesn't help matters!

I could have written that very post myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement