Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would love a rational explanation for this please...

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im not infracting anyone today, YET but both of you (partyguinness and pimpmyace) are backseat modding and consider yourselves warned to stop.

Partyguinness, make your points without rollyeyes please, you know its antagonistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

What type of "rational" explantion are you expecting to get in the "Skeptics Corner"?:rolleyes:

Have you not read any of this thread?...

I am looking for a possible rational/technical reason for this..so far the responses from other posters have been great and appreciated.

Shame that you had to come along and provide your fool 'input' here and sour things somewhat.

'Give me patience' ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

I'm scared. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Okay, can anyone who isn't connected to the 'CoolSmiley..' Boardsies on here comment on whether or not they're able to see the image of the woman with the yellow coat I put in one of my posts above?

Thanks.
    in the first post i can see the lady in yellow coat, and someone next to her in dark clothes,
    are you having us on, did you jig this picture

Yes, I saw them and it's freaking the xxxx out of me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Have ye seen this one?

zghost2NNP_468x308.jpg

I also have a very strange one from a mobile (taken by a 4yr old in his own house with his dads phone!). I dont know how to get it from my computer to here though:o so if someone can instruct me I can post it.

As I was looking at the above, the trailer for 'Paranormal Activity' just came on. FreaaKK!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I asked my 3 year nephew about the restaurant picture and after pointing out the 'man', he also pointed out the 'lady'. :eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

its clearly an evil ghost, i just hope it didn't follow u home,
    its truly unexplained,

Have ye seen this one?

<not quoting photo>

I also have a very strange one from a mobile (taken by a 4yr old in his own house with his dads phone!). I dont know how to get it from my computer to here though:o so if someone can instruct me I can post it.
    The photo you posted is one often posted or sent via mobile, and said to have been taken by the poster/sender or a friend. Not sure where it originated but its really well known and has been discussed a lot on here.

Oryx wrote: »
    The photo you posted is one often posted or sent via mobile, and said to have been taken by the poster/sender or a friend. Not sure where it originated but its really well known and has been discussed a lot on here.

Just discovered this forum.
    Seems there is a few strange photos out there. I'll post the one from my pc if someone can tell me how, thanks.

• Advertisement

Upload it to a free webhost (cant think of one offhand but google should find one for you) and then use the insert image tab and enter the weblink to where the image is hosted.

PS Im sure someone else will come and give a much more technical and succinct way of doing it. :)

1984563690_03232010_1.jpg

Any views on this one. 4yr old nephew took lots of photos on his dads phone at christmas and this was among them. Thats the living room, sofa and bit of furniture in corner.
    No one was smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Have ye seen this one?

zghost2NNP_468x308.jpg

looks like einstein gatecrashing a party:)

seriously where does that pic come from? ireland? and is it genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

fryup wrote: »
    looks like einstein gatecrashing a party:)

seriously where does that pic come from? ireland? and is it genuine?

That kid looks seriously freaky. It could be the "imaginary friend" of the small girl in the pic :D

Hi there,

As a skeptic I am finding myself without answers as to what I see in this picture.

Let me explain the situation, I was out in a Restaurant on Friday night located in Temple Bar, Dublin 2..we were seated in the basement dining section..and at the time of taking this picture I honestly do not recall seeing anyone else but my colleague in the picture.

luigim.jpg

The image was captured on a Blackberry 8900 with a 3.2 Megapixel camera...flash was on.

I see can see 2 figures in the image, the main distinct one, and a second less distinct one to the left, you can just see the neckline of the second figure, they appear to be wearing darker clothes I guess... either way they both appear to be transparent and out of focus, whereas if you note the picture hanging on the wall behind seems to be more in focus

I just don't know.

Would love some constructive feedback/rationalization as to what it is we're seeing here.

I should also mention that although I am not a regular boards user, I am also not a nutjob/wacko/freak that would go out of their way to falsely create such an image...this picture is completely unedited.

Taken on Friday night (12/02), discovered by me the following day.

Something like this happened me before. Was at my grandmothers house for a party on Halloween night. We were taking pictures during the evening. Later on we looked back over the pics. Anyway a pic taken of my grandmother had a grainy image just beside her head. We loaded it on to laptop to take a closer look and it was clearly an image of my deceased grandfather. He died 13 years ago. Halloween was their wedding anniversary. It looked like he was standing beside her smiling at the camera. Was quiet weird but also nice to think he was watching over her.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

SunnyTimes wrote: »
    We loaded it on to laptop to take a closer look and it was clearly an image of my deceased grandfather. He died 13 years ago. Halloween was their wedding anniversary. It looked like he was standing beside her smiling at the camera. Was quiet weird but also nice to think he was watching over her.

Any chance you could post up that pic?

loldog wrote: »
    Any chance you could post up that pic?

My cousin had it on her laptop. Don't know if it is still around. It was a few years back. It's a pity really that I never got another copy. I had actually forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ruana

1984563690_03232010_1.jpg

Any views on this one. 4yr old nephew took lots of photos on his dads phone at christmas and this was among them. Thats the living room, sofa and bit of furniture in corner.
    No one was smoking.

Why has no one commented on this?
    This is one creepy photo, it looks like a screaming demonic skull...:(

The OP photo looks like a woman dressed in an 80s dog-tooth check type dress and even an 80's type hairstyle... it looks very out of place in that setting. Also going from another photo, it looks like she (it) would be standing on what looks like a radiator???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ruana wrote: »
    This is one creepy photo, it looks like a screaming demonic skull...:(
    I think no-one's commented on it because it looks like what you'd expect if you let a 4 year old at a camera; a blurry, possibly fingerprint-on-the-lens smudged, picture of a man. No ghosts, just a toddler with a camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ruana

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ruana viewpost.gif
    This is one creepy photo, it looks like a screaming demonic skull...frown.gif

I think no-one's commented on it because it looks like what you'd expect if you let a 4 year old at a camera; a blurry, possibly fingerprint-on-the-lens smudged, picture of a man. No ghosts, just a toddler with a camera.

Hmmm...maybe I just have a very over-active imagination :D (probably too much caffeine)

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »

This is what you'd expect if you let a 4 yr old have a camera:confused:
    The kid took loads of pics, all were normal except this one.

Its more like a face-print than a finger print.

I have shown this to lots of people and many have no comment because they dont understand what they think they are seeing.
    Many others have been freeked out by it but everyone who has seen it has been able to make out some sort of head/face/neck/shoulders etc.

I dont know what it is either but I can make out a face where you see a smudged fingerprint. (BTW this wasnt the last photo taken, it was among about 12 photos and none of the rest were smudged or blurred)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

coolsmileyguy, isn't Luigi Malone's haunted by a monk? There used to be a abbey there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Oryx wrote: »

Any links? I've been trying to find that photo/discusion on here.

Sorry for going off topic O.P but ,in relation to that picture with the group of girls.
    They were in my old school here in cork a few years back. They were a couple of years below me at the time but we had the same religion teacher. The girl who owned the camera/picture brought it in to show the religion teacher who then showed it to us a while later. It was an original copy of the photo. Not printed or photocopied or anything. The small girl in the pic was the girls sister and apparantly she was crying because 'the boy was scaring her' which nobody understood untill the photo was developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

http://scienceofghosts.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/ghostly-child/

These people say they got their version of the photo directly off the family ... nevermind it being in The Sun a few years back. How many people will claim that they took the same fecken photo??

(A commenter on that wiseman page says "for clarification, this photo was photographed in the Slovak Republic " - someone should do a social study on this)
    Cillian13 wrote: »
    Any links? I've been trying to find that photo/discusion on here.

Sorry for going off topic O.P but ,in relation to that picture with the group of girls.
    They were in my old school here in cork a few years back. They were a couple of years below me at the time but we had the same religion teacher. The girl who owned the camera/picture brought it in to show the religion teacher who then showed it to us a while later. It was an original copy of the photo. Not printed or photocopied or anything. The small girl in the pic was the girls sister and apparantly she was crying because 'the boy was scaring her' which nobody understood untill the photo was developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

This is what you'd expect if you let a 4 yr old have a camera:confused:
    The kid took loads of pics, all were normal except this one.

Its more like a face-print than a finger print.

I have shown this to lots of people and many have no comment because they dont understand what they think they are seeing.
    Many others have been freeked out by it but everyone who has seen it has been able to make out some sort of head/face/neck/shoulders etc.

I dont know what it is either but I can make out a face where you see a smudged fingerprint. (BTW this wasnt the last photo taken, it was among about 12 photos and none of the rest were smudged or blurred)
    Yes, I can see a face. But it's quite obviously that the photo became blurred while taking a photo of a person, due to shutter lag, a smudged lens, movement of the camera, the camera at the wrong setting, or any combination of the above, which is not unexpected when you give a camera to a small child. Well done to him that he managed to only blur one picture.

kylith wrote: »
    Yes, I can see a face. But it's quite obviously that the photo became blurred while taking a photo of a person, due to shutter lag, a smudged lens, movement of the camera, the camera at the wrong setting, or any combination of the above, which is not unexpected when you give a camera to a small child. Well done to him that he managed to only blur one picture.

What are you on about, it was a mobile phone:confused:
    No one in the house at the time looks remotely like the image in the photo (smudged or not-and as none of the other photos were smudged or fingerprinted, i doubt the child cleaned the lens in between photos:rolleyes: ) and all the people he photographed were on a couch perpindicular (against the right hand wall) to the empty couch in this photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Right, I've just done this on my phone.

Start the camera.
    Turn the lens to face you.
    Hit the shutter button while shaking the camera left & right, up & down.
    Post results.

Advertisement