Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie O'Dea accused by Sunday Tribune

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just listening to Vincent Browne there, it seems the Greens want nothing to do with this one. They're happy to go on as they are. The Dáil is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Willie Disney Style....

willie.odea-2.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What is the normal practice when a member of the law society commits perjury? Does the society take action?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

kbannon wrote: »
    What is the normal practice when a member of the law society commits perjury? Does the society take action?

Did you not hear he said he didn't lie?

willie.odea-small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,191 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As usual, once the chancer has the backing of his team there is little that
    can be done. They really are an inept shower, particularly Cowen. He just has
    nothing to offer and his words yesterday proved this.

Are the Gardai not going to investigate this situation with O'Dea, or are they
    simply believing and accepting that it was a "mistake?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oh well , okay

http://twitpic.com/photos/theaffidavit2

The moustache's sworn affidavit above ...

How can he keep claiming he was acting in a personal capacity ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

4364336465_51000b3d84.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Greens just sent out some backroom non-entity to outline the party position on Newstalk, which was er....pause, stumble, evade. She is also Mr O'Deas constituent. They are now Grianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

October 2007

A garda source confirmed that a man had made a written statement of complaint alleging he had been assaulted by Mr Willie O'Dea in a Limerick Pub. Link

September 2008

Man receives 3 month prison sentence for making a false complaint to Gardai that he was assaulted by Defence Minister Willie O'Dea. Link

March 2009

A Man who was convicted of making a false statement to Gardai in which he claimed he was assaulted by Defence Minister, Willie O'Dea, has been successful in his appeal. Link

CCTV of Bank Pub alleged incident on youtube. Link

Whats the moral of this story?

In my opinion Willie O'Dea seems to have sincere, genuine and unfortunate problems in dealing with recollections of events in which he has been a key and active Player.

- Poor Willie, it can't be easy being Fianna Fails Shining Light in Limwreck, shutting down Brothels, dealing with Public disturbances in Public Houses, racking his shrivelled little brain in the High court and explaining away the disappearance of the Limerick Regeneration Project budget by explaining Private Companies are going to pay to rebuild Limerick. Link
    “Rather than let the thing grind to a halt because we can’t afford to put more than €25 million in in a year, let’s attract money in from the private sector and see some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

mike65 wrote: »
    The Greens just sent out some backroom non-entity to outline the party position on Newstalk, which was er....pause, stumble, evade. She is also Mr O'Deas constituent. They are now Grianna Fail.

I heard that too. What a disgraceful stumbling defence it was. I asked for it to be podcasted, anyone who is thinking of voting green should listen to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I heard that too. What a disgraceful stumbling defence it was. I asked for it to be podcasted, anyone who is thinking of voting green should listen to it
    :D

I'd love to know exactly what would have to happen for the Greens to pull out of Government. I'm pretty sure Cowen would have to advocate invading Wales or something and even then Gormley would probably hum and haw about it.

To any GP TD's who may happen to read this, ye're shagged lads. Give it up and quit with some dignity. Dead party walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

KerranJast wrote: »
    :D

I'd love to know exactly what would have to happen for the Greens to pull out of Government. I'm pretty sure Cowen would have to advocate invading Wales or something and even then Gormley would probably hum and haw about it.

To any GP TD's who may happen to read this, ye're shagged lads. Give it up and quit with some dignity. Dead party walking.

What's the story with the Greens pensions?

Who was the Limerick based Green Party Rep. for the shamefull Willie O'Dea defence on Newstalk.

- It really was a terrible pity that Deirdre The Burkha didn't have her demands and threats met for that cushy job picking at her arsé in Brussels......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Vote of no confidence being held today around 3.45pm. Brian Cowen prob afraid when if the Greens go home to their constituencies over the weekend public opinion would change their mind about support for O'Dea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ok why are ff pushing for vote of confidence today ?
    And Kenny wants it to happen next week ?

There is rumour in Limerick that it took upto 4 months for minister to admit he lied on affidavit.
    Not sure about this, but if someone came out with proof of this then it shows minister in even worse light, not that he isn't already looking like a grubby little lowlife liar.

Anyone know if one of the papers are going to run a story on this over the weekend ?

It is more to do than what IrishTonyO reckons.
    It isn't just about the greens and them going home to their constituencies.
    AFAIK all of them bar White live in Dublin and are from Dublin constituencies.

I smell a rat here and it isn't o'dea. :rolleyes:

EDIT: in case people think this is just a little sideshow and of little consequence, it isn't.
    Thi vote could be one of the defining moments in our history.
    If o'dea is saved it basically gives the two fingers to ordinary law abiding citizens and states that political representatives are above the law.
    It also sets a new low for the ethics necessary to hold minsiterial office in the state.

I am not allowed discuss …

ramon ryan defending lying minister.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/livewebcast/DailFlash512KB.htm

The greens have just sunk to a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Eamon Ryan and the Greens really have gone to new lows. Enda Kenny is surprisingly doing a very good job here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

RexMundi wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Willie-ODea-Should-Resign/308049696831?ref=nf

Found a facebook group that might interest people on this forum.

email Green TD's to express your ire.

Emails sent.. This is unreal. We've truly gone down the sink..

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan and the Greens really have gone to new lows. Enda Kenny is surprisingly doing a very good job here

Kenny went after the greens reading the 2007 speech given by gormless about corruption uneithcal behaviour etc from ff.
    Hayes was good because he picked up on fact o'dea had shouted down Kenny with remark he heard brothel informaiton from the guards.
    Trotter wrote: »
    Emails sent.. This is unreal. We've truly gone down the sink..

I liked the way D'arcy affectively said he considered the greens irrelevant.
    Hius finish was good when he addressed o'dea as a LIAR.

Gilmore is attacking the government soapboxing.
    He should just attack o'dea and drive that wedge.
    He is only reminding the greens of reasons to stay in there. :mad:

EDIT: I loved Gilmroe end where he begged clowen to stop humilating his hitchhikers the greens and leave them alone.
    Burton is reading the interview transcript. F***ing brilliant she might get a job on Radio drama yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Any word on the vote?

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein speaking at the moment no vote yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Willie O'Dea speaking now

http://www.heanet.ie/flash/dail300.html

80 to 69 carried.

So there you have it, offically according to ff and the GREENS lying on oath in sworn affidavit to the second highest court in the state is ok, so long as you are a government minister at least.

This country's government has reached a new low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

jmayo wrote: »
    80 to 69 carried.

Ah FFS, was the affidavid written on recycled paper or something?

The FF policies that the Greens have supported to date have at least had the pretext of being 'good for the economy', but this demonstrates that they've well and truly bought into the FF machine.

But hell, turning Ireland into a banana republic might be good for our carbon quota...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,191 ✭✭✭✭walshb

jmayo wrote: »
    80 to 69 carried.

So there you have it, offically according to ff and the GREENS lying on oath in sworn affidavit to the second highest court in the state is ok, so long as you are a government minister at least.

This country's government has reached a new low.

Agree completely, but the sad thing is I am not one bit shocked or surprised.
    I'd like to know if the DPP are going to look into this and maybe take action.
    All the evidence is there, this is not just a resigning issue; it is a criminal issue. This shower really are a nasty bunch of chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

He'll be carried shoulder high down O' Connell St, Limerick tonight for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

You know the way that insurance companies use audio software to tell if people are lying when they phone the companies up? It measures stress in the voice etc.

Well I'd like someone to run O'Deas speeches in the Dáil today via the same software just to see what the results would be. Not scientific I know and definitely not acceptable in a court of law, and we all know what O'Dea considers to be acceptable in a court of law!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Is this correct

Last march O'Dea told a couple of porkies about a political rival.

That person took a libel case and O'Dea entered an affadavit in which some points were wrong or ommitted.

In December after it was brought to his attention, O'Dea corrected his affadavit and apologised for the error.

The case was then settled.

In February a reporter from a Independent Newspapers subsiduary suddenly writes about it and compares it to someone who refused to give evidence in a trial that was to do with murder & gangland activity?

Now, from my own knowledge of Independent Newpapers and their many many trials and settlements - they certainly skew the truth on may occasions and ignore it on many more.

If O'Dea only corrected his affadavit AFTER the article was published then there would be a serious case to answer, but he corrected it before the proceeding were finished, apologised and paid up.

Where's the story?????

- of course the anti FF brigade will come up with loads of stuff, but for the non political observer, there really isn't any story. - Another cock-up by angry Enda.

Advertisement