Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We must take action!!!

Options
  • 09-02-2010 9:43am
    Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭

Attention Nocts, I have noticed a worrying pattern over the last few weeks that affects us all.

I'm talking about the reduction of hours of darkness in a 24-hour period. Which is in direct contravention of the Entente Crépuscule. An agreement that was reached with the Modly Ones and Sol the Fiery Cancer-giver.

It seems that the Fiery one can't be trusted to keep its word. But as the the picture below shows, it truly is an evil creature.

Evil-Sun.jpg

I begun to source some weaponary, should we need to put manners to Sol. It looks like it'll be June 20 before they'll be ready though :(

We need to take a stand, or before we know it we'll have maybe 20 minutes of darkness in a 24-hour period:eek:

We have to take action. Thanks for your attention, and remember.... DARKNESS PREVAILS!!!

:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll start building the catapult under France.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'll start building the catapult under France.
    Good job, CW. Knew I could rely on you:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Maybe we could consider setting off a few volcanoes as well. The ash would block out some of the Flancer Ball's rays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

This will of course be a dangerous mission,but.as a great man once said "Cmon you apes! You wanna live forever?!"

Maybe we could consider setting off a few volcanoes as well. The ash would block out some of the Flancer Ball's rays.
    This has potential. We could also research what they used in the matrix films to block out our Fiery nemesis.

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    This has potential. We could also research what they used in the matrix films to block out our Fiery nemesis.
    Nuclear war.

Nuclear war.
    Think the volcano plan might be plan A at this stage.

Unless the nuclear fallout can give me superpowers:D

pretty sure it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I have already traded down who will be working on the core firmware design of the Icarus II Project.

This will be a slow progress but my sleeper cell programming will be passed down the generations and will active just to time to sabotage their evil project…..

So I don't have to kidnap and torture vulcanologists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ye should come join me in the land of the upside down.

pretty sure we've defeated the fiery bastard down here. his energy is weakening, and seeing less and less of him each day now....

pretty sure we've defeated the fiery bastard down here. his energy is weakening, and seeing less and less of him each day now....
    I'm on my way.

This is great news, the fightback against Sol has begun:D

We just need to get rid of him from the rest of the globe now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The flamey git is mocking me with it's heat and it's desire to give me a tan.

I thought we had it thoroughly defeated after a decisive victory on the 21st of December but it seems I was wrong.

We'll get you next time, Gadget!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

everyone coping ok with the brightness this pm?! I have honestly been dreading this clock change, my eyes are just super sensitive to sunlight all my life, it doesnt even have to be sunny out but I can barely remove my eyes from my feet out and about. Hats are my friend. Im gona have some mad squinting wrinkles when Im older :eek:

The flamey tyrant stole an hour darkness!!! :mad::mad:

In the words of Bugs Bunny, 'this means war.'

yay for dull weather this week! :p

The flamey tyrant stole an hour darkness!!! :mad::mad:

In the words of Bugs Bunny, 'this means war.'
    Happened two weeks ago here in the States

--LOS-- wrote: »
    yay for dull weather this week! :p
    The Lords of the Dark are obviously attempting a fight-back:)
    Happened two weeks ago here in the States

:eek::eek:

It's trying to pick us off one-by-one!!!

• Advertisement

The Lords of the Dark are obviously attempting a fight-back:)

:eek::eek:

It's trying to pick us off one-by-one!!!
    The fart cannons are coming along nicely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

ok after quickly readint this thread I've come to the conclusion... and some people wont like this.... but we're gonna have to talk to mr. burns.... he blocked out the giver of cancer before, and also may be able to sort us out with plan B (the nuclear side of things)
    Im just afraid that after the 20th of june the blasted ball may only be weakened ever so slightly.... by my calculations we will only gain 4 minutes of extra darkness per eve...... hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I vote we paint bomb the feicer with loads of black paint balls!!!

That will block him out for awhile!

Okay, so who forgot to synchronise their watch and started operation dustcloud early?? :P

Okay, so who forgot to synchronise their watch and started operation dustcloud early?? :P
    Completely slipped my mind. I been so busy working on the fart cannons.

Completely slipped my mind. I been so busy working on the fart cannons.

:D

At least we have a group of people who seem to be serious about the fight-back.

If we could only organise ourselves, the fiery one wouldn't stand a chance.

:D

At least we have a group of people who seem to be serious about the fight-back.

If we could only organise ourselves, the fiery one wouldn't stand a chance.
    Until it's well-cooked worshippers rose up and attacked us en masse.

Until it's well-cooked worshippers rose up and attacked us en masse.

yeah but if operation dustcloud had worked, their vision would be unless due to the lack of day-rays. Makes it very easy for us to pick them off as we please;)

Everybody start flying big kites.

• Advertisement

This is an email a friend got from his mother this morning:

"Check out news about cloud of volcanic ash coming down over England and Ireland at the moment It has now reached as far as Belfast. Airports in Eng. Scotland
    and Ireland are affected and Norway and mainland Europe.

Dont be out in this weather it could be very bad"

Stay in guys, it could be........BAD :D

Advertisement