Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reiki and pregnancy

Options
  • 08-02-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced reiki while pregnant? When i was pregnant with my first child i was so nervous and my sister who spent many years in the states recommended that i do a few sessions of reiki. It was fantastic. i became instantly more chilled and relaxed about the whole thing. a wonderful experience. i would recommend to to anyone who is pregnant and perhaps anxious.

the lady i went to was based in city centre but nearly sure she would travel if more convenient

would love to hear if anyone else has tried it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I wouldn't have had it done thats just me, I am very fuss about who I let influence me in that way and was even more so when I was expecthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kazzo

Shinners23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has anyone experienced reiki while pregnant? When i was pregnant with my first child i was so nervous and my sister who spent many years in the states recommended that i do a few sessions of reiki. It was fantastic. i became instantly more chilled and relaxed about the whole thing. a wonderful experience. i would recommend to to anyone who is pregnant and perhaps anxious.

the lady i went to was based in city centre but nearly sure she would travel if more convenient

would love to hear if anyone else has tried it

I had a couple of Reiki sessions when I was having a bad time after having two operations on my thyroid and Reiki really worked for me! Then I learned how to Reiki (2nd level).
    Now I'm 10weeks pregnant and I do self-treatment almost every day, and go to Reiki practitioners' gathering at my Reiki Teacher's.

Shinners23, I think Reiki is fantastic, too. I know there are a lot of people who wouldn't like this kind of staff, but I don't mind.
    For me, it is like listening to favourite music to feel good, or having a lovely bath to relax.
    When mothers feel great their baby feel great, too.

I am plannning to have Reiki treatment at my Reiki Teacher's soon.
    Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Shinners23 or Kazzo, could you describe what it actually involves, particularly in pregnancy? Is it like meditation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a thread on Reiki in the spirituality forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055081333

Other resources

http://www.thehealingco.com/ten_reasons_to_learn_reiki.htm
    http://www.thehealingco.com/faq%27s.htm#Diff%20bet%20West%20and%20Jap%20Reiki

If a mother to be has has reiki experience before being pregnant and wishes to do so under the guidance of her Master then that is a choice she makes.

If she hasn't any experience of reiki and is expecting and wishes to do so then
    she may find it hard to find someone to work with, but again it is her choice but
    it is best as ever to approach such things with as many questions as possible.

Advertisement