Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reiki

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi

I'm getting interested and have been doing some reading up on Reiki. Is anyone on these threads in the know or had some treatment, practising it, or have any knowledge on it first hand? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭akw_old

hey amandy. i know a girl who practices reiki. her name is catherine woods, she is a spiritual healer but practices reiki too. she is holding a charity even this sunday in the north star hotel. you should come along.
    if you'd like her number just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

There is a lot of boloney commonly accepted about Reiki. Reiki comes from Japan, Dr Usui who 'invented' it was a buddhist monk and it is very much rooted in that tradition. His original system has been corrupted/adapted depending on your viewpoint as it spread through western society via Hawaii.

I have recently bought translations of his original works which has been of great use, I have done Reiki I a little over a year ago and II about 2 months ago. Anyhow use your intuition and common sense when picking who to train with, avoid I, II and III in one go weekend type practitioners they are only in it for the money as no-one can possibly learn and absorb what reiki is about in so short a time. Each intiation should cost 200-300 euro.

Good luck with it, it can have a very positive effect on your life and those around you.

www.electricpublications.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45 princess27

There is a lot of boloney commonly accepted about Reiki. Reiki comes from Japan, Dr Usui who 'invented' it was a buddhist monk and it is very much rooted in that tradition. His original system has been corrupted/adapted depending on your viewpoint as it spread through western society via Hawaii.

I have recently bought translations of his original works which has been of great use, I have done Reiki I a little over a year ago and II about 2 months ago. Anyhow use your intuition and common sense when picking who to train with, avoid I, II and III in one go weekend type practitioners they are only in it for the money as no-one can possibly learn and absorb what reiki is about in so short a time. Each intiation should cost 200-300 euro.

Good luck with it, it can have a very positive effect on your life and those around you.

www.electricpublications.com

Hi there,
    Do you know anyone that does good reiki treatments? And would you mind telling me who you would recommend training with for Reiki 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

It depends where you live. There are tonnes of reiki practitioners now. I'd go have a treatment before asking about initiation. If you do not feel the person is 100% genuine and knows their stuff then go somewhere else. Maybe you can get a recommendation from some-one you know locally. There is a directory if that's no good http://www.reiki.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

Hi .im a Reiki Master Teacher. Ive been practising for about 8 years, and i feel that the true purpose of Reiki sis to help u find your true path in life, to find the way of living that is the right way for u individually. Reiki is not for making money, and very few people do make money with it. there is nothing wrong with money per se, but as my guides say, 'u can only share what u have' and so Reiki is really about personal development, whereas Seichem, the next stage on, is more about going back out into the community with it. Our own intuituon is always king, so follow your heart, and u wont go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Love&Light

princess27 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Do you know anyone that does good reiki treatments? And would you mind telling me who you would recommend training with for Reiki 1?

I have PM'd you details of my Reiki MT. She is based in Dublin and is excellent. ;) I can also recommend someone in Kildare or Meath for Reiki Treatments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.thehealingco.com/faq's.htm#Diff%20bet%20West%20and%20Jap%20Reiki

What Is Reiki?

Reiki is a natural form of energy healing, using varying frequencies of energy to heal at all levels. Energy is channeled by the practitioner and directed through the hands to wherever it is needed. Developed by Dr Usui after his enlightenment on Mount Kurama, Reiki has spread throughout the world as a respected form of healing used by many millions of people, and many hospitals and clinics.

What Is The Difference Between Western & Japanese Reiki?

Japanese Reiki is much more intuitive and spiritual, in line with Japanese culture. Western Reiki has had some of the spiritual teaching removed and replaced with a practical and methodical approach to healing.

What Are Reiki Attunements?

Reiki attunements are adjustments made by the Reiki Master to the students energy body to connect to the source of the energy and allow the flow of energy from the Universe into the student. This allows the student to heal using the Reiki energy and to develop themselves on every level to fulfill their higher path. Once attuned, the student has a direct connection to the Highest Consciousness.

These are not to be confused with Reiju empowerments or empowerments. Reiju empowerments bring you closer to the source of energy a little at a time where as the Reiki attunements offer a direct connection. Originally Mikao Usui taught his students on an ongoing regular basis so it made perfect sense to give them Reiju empowerments generally on a weekly basis, raising their frequency a little at a time as they learn Reiki.

For those students that he taught on short courses (as people are taught in the Western World) the Reiki attunements were used as a direct and immediate connection to the source of the energy.

Why Do A Combined Reiki Level I & Level II Course?

When a student is attuned to Reiki, whether on a short course over one or two days or on a longer course over many weeks, a cleansing and healing process takes place over a period of time. This is called the "21 day cleansing process" or the " Reiki healing crisis" and lasts as long as each individual needs. The more self-healing is done over this time, the easier and shorter the process is.

Level 1 does not actually teach Reiki healing using the Usui symbols, only Rei healing (spiritual healing) is taught.

Level 2 teaches Reiki healing for physical, emotional, mental and spiritual conditions, allowing the student to heal themselves much more effectively during (and after) the cleansing process. This is much closer to the way Dr Usui taught Reiki.

What Are The Benefits Of Reiki?

Reiki has many benefits, both in a physical way and in a spiritual way. Once attuned, the flow of Reiki energy gives continuous healing to the individual, on every level. Self healing on a regular basis increases the flow, and the beneficial effects of the Reiki energy. Generally, people tend to feel much less stressed, more energized and much more focused. Life seems clearer, and life's purpose is more apparent. Reiki is a life changing event, the start of a spiritual journey of self discovery and enlightenment. Reiki gives the gift of attaining happiness.

Can Therapists Use Reiki With Other Treatments?

Reiki works well with any form of healing treatment. Reiki enhances the benefits of the therapists existing form of healing. Clients usually feel the difference in the treatment they are receiving and often therapists offer Reiki healing as an additional treatment.

Can Anyone Learn Reiki?

It has been found that 96 out of every 100 students that take a Reiki course will be able to use Reiki energy for healing. I believe that anyone that feels they need to learn Reiki will be able to use Reiki energy, even if in some cases it means having a little extra tuition and practice time.

What Is A Reiki Lineage?

Reiki lineage refers to the line of Reiki Masters that leads to the student. For traditional Reiki the line begins with Dr Usui, and continues with one of his Reiki Masters, and then to one of theirs and so it continues. For a healing system to be called Reiki and be recognized as such, the lineage must trace back to Mikao Usui.

http://www.thehealingco.com/ten_reasons_to_learn_reiki.htm
    Ten Reasons To Learn Reiki

1. Reiki connects you to universal energy so you can heal yourself whenever you feel the need. You can balance your body, mind and spirit by spending some time each day devoted to self-healing.

2. If you are feeling that there is something missing in your life that you can’t quite pin point, chances are that it’s your spirituality. By learning Reiki you are re-connected to your higher self, which means you will become far more intuitive, enabling you to make better decisions and to feel far more ‘whole’.

3. Stress is recognised as a major contributor to so many illnesses in modern society. Reiki has an extremely calming effect, filling you with a sense of inner peace and serenity that will ensure that stress won’t rule your life. You will gain a sense of real self-purpose and inner clarity that may have eluded you previously.

4. Our lifestyles are incredibly busy and this takes a toll on our bodies as well as other areas of our life. Through continual self-healing at a physical level you can not only help to prevent illnesses occurring but you can use Reiki on actual physical injuries and problems from mild back pain to cancer. Reiki can help with any illness.

5. If you feel that your life lacks direction learning Reiki re-connects you with your true purpose in life and will leave you feeling far more focused about where you need to be heading and directing all your precious resources. Many people spend years feeling they are in the wrong job or wrong situation and Reiki opens your mind up to the things that you really need, perhaps not want but need. There is nothing quite so liberating.

6. Many people often feel that they are taking so much from life and yet giving so little back and are completely unsure of how to rectify this situation. If you take a Reiki course to practitioner level you are able to heal others as well as yourself. There is nothing quite like healing other people to make you appreciate your own situation and bring comfort to your life. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to share your gift of healing helping someone else who so desperately needs it and bringing happiness to someone else’s life.

7. Reiki has the potential to turn your whole life around for the better if you self heal every day and listen to your intuition. Your whole life becomes clearer and you really do realise what is important in life and what you can do without. Everything is put into perspective and you learn to appreciate so many things and really learn who are your friends and who are just using you.

8. Most people have emotional traumas in their life and what many do not realise is that the energy from these traumas is carried with you and has a negative effect on you, possibly for your whole life. Our traumas hold us back in life stalling self-development. By using Reiki on yourself you can remove the energy attached to those traumas so you will no longer feel any pain associated with the event. Once this has been achieved you are finally free to be yourself.

9. It is easy to get trapped in the cycle of old lifestyle patterns and issues, for example: following the same faddy diets that don’t work, making new years resolutions you know you will break every year, getting trapped by financial issues, working too hard, struggling in relationships. This can continue for your whole life. Reiki can change the way you deal with life, the way you deal with situations and relationships in a way that is much healthier for you. It might not happen in a conscious way but you will find that for instance someone who takes advantage of you normally will get a shock when you defend yourself and demand greater respect. You learn to love yourself more and also to love others but in a way that allows them to learn their lessons and never take you for granted.

10. The founder of Reiki Mikao Usui said that Reiki was the ‘art of inviting happiness’. This is very true. If you ask anyone if they are honestly really happy I doubt you will get a resounding yes from the majority. People often misconceive what real happiness is and associate it with wealth, material possessions or a successful career. Happiness is about so much more than that. Happiness comes from a profound understanding of the universe and knowing your place in the universe. If you choose to learn Reiki you will be set on the path to enlightenment. For some this is a short path, for others a much longer one but once you know you are on it you find what happiness is. Reiki is not just another complementary therapy it is the way of the universe.

Dawn Mellowship ©

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

While this is here as a sticky I wonder if people would be interested in healing requests? Like you ask for healing and in return you send when someone else asks? I'll start if anyone wants reiki let me know, likewise if anyone is offering healing then I'd appreciate some. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GAVAN90

helena,
    i would be happy to send you some healing, if you like, i have done reiki 1, but i have been using it for quite a while.
    k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey Gavin, yes please do send. Just out of interest though, hav you been shown how to do this by you RM? As far as I knew it was level 2 that most people are thought how. I could be wrong though, as obviously I have only been thought by one person and that might be her way of teaching.

Thanks, we can swap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GAVAN90

have a few friends that are reiki masters, and one in particular has taught me how to send. when would you like your send. gavan is my son, i registered in his name because i am looking for grinds for him, i am katriona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dryroasted

I highly recommend Patricia Milner if you fancy a short break to Cyprus in the form of a Spiritual Retreat and also to learn Reiki.

She is an excellent teacher and is highly sought after, very spiritual person and highly thought of in Europe.

For anyone who wants to take a look at her website http://www.patriciamilner.com

I am only recommending her as she is a friend and in my opinion amazing!!

I hope this helps

<snipped>

Hi everyone.
    I teach first degree reiki nightclasses at st. Thomas's secondary school in bray. The new term is about to start, on tuesday the 23rd sept. The class runs weekly for 10 weeks and I do follow up reiki 2 and 3 over 15 weeks from my home. I've been teaching at st Thomas's for about 7 years now, I think. You can call the school directly to book. Many other nightclasses around the country offer Reiki as well. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

Hello can you tell me what the difference is between Seikhem(?) and Usui reiki or am I getting confused?

Usui Reiki is the original , traditional Reiki, that was 'rediscovered' by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan. That has been developed in various ways by many different Reiki schools since then. Traditional Reiki has 3 levels, beginner, intermediate, and mastership. Seichem is the next level up again from reiki as a whole, and has 3 levels of it own, beginner, intermediate and mastership, like Reiki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Ah! I've only noticed this sticky now! Brilliant idea :D

I've been attuned to level one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

with all this eastern crap and all the healing sites the roman catholic have i wonder why all the a and es are so full would some of your healers email mary harney beds freed by the thousands my arse :rolleyes:

I suggest you re read the rules for posting in the spirituality forum re respecting people's beliefs. This will be your only warning post again in a way that breaches the rules and you will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Amandy

:pac: Wow

I forgot I asked this question, that is, until I saw it had been posted as a sticky. Thanks to all who answered. In the meantime I had gone and paid for Reiki treatments and a weekend seminar that was meant to be the first attunement. I have to say I didn't feel anything special at all but I didn't like the practitioner, who I felt was manipulating, cold and mercenary.
    But I blame the practitioner and not the Practice and mean no illwill to anyone who finds it useful.

In all the reading up on it I did, I found that the main advice was not to charge money for giving it or receiving it, to exchange gifts if you wanted to exchange anything, but this was a business first and foremost, and the practitioner was literally asking everyone to commit to your second attunement on the first morning of the first one, passing forms around which I didn't think was fair at all. Unfortunately I did not have a good experience :( but I'm sure there's a good story for every bad one.

The practitioner I went to was also big on angels etc. and I found this very off putting as it's not my thing, grand if you're into that, I just am not... well privately I am...I have my beliefs, but not being in a room full of people I don't know and being told by teacher to stand up, close my eyes and experience a visit from my angel. I would say while we had our eyes closed that the practitioner was counting the 50 notes and laughing.

Oh and also they played "Simply the Best" during the seminar suposedly to give us all confidence. I'm not kidding. It was worse than David Brent, I just felt so patronised, and very very wrong about it all, like someone's doing something to you they ought not be doing....

You know who you are. :mad: Never again. Anyway, as I said, that was the Practitioner's approach, and not the Practice. But I really did feel like the kid in the Emperor's New Clothes fairytale, the rest of them thought it was brilliant. Just shows to go you.... anyway thanks to all. It turned me off trusting anyone with spiritual matters for a good long while.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Amandy wrote: »
    It turned me off trusting anyone with spiritual matters for a good long while.
    Nah, just be extra alert when lots of money is involved with any kind of spiritual 'training'.

Sorry you had a bad experience, never done reiki training myself but have had dealings with lots of practioners of all kinds of things. Some of them, pity to say, do get carried away with the financial aspect, and do forget what brought them to it in the first place. But for every one of those, there are other really good and non mercenary people.

Thats nice got a reference to back that claim up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nettles32

hi all just had my first reiki healing session to day and it felt wonderful. anyhow i need some pointers on self healing for daily use.

cheers

nettles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

What type of pointers/questions are you looking for help on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nettles32

hi
    i am looking for help/pointers on self healing that i can do myself daily

all help greatly appreciated

nettles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

nettles32 wrote: »
    hi
    i am looking for help/pointers on self healing that i can do myself daily

all help greatly appreciated

nettles

I am presuming that you have done reiki 1? Did your Reiki Master not go through this?

If you have not done reiki 1, it is not possible to give yourself reiki through self healing, as you need to be attuned.

In my own self healing, I tend to do it every other day now, alternating it with meditation and/or crystal healing. I bought some music that helps me relax, and even though I have a few such cd's, there is one that I use more than the others, as it is more in line with what I need in switching off. I tend to do mine last thing in the evening before I go to bed, however others prefer to do it sitting down, as some people tend to go to sleep if lying down.

I always use a blue shield visualisation when starting out, whether that is self treatment, or treating others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Clarke06 wrote: »
    Hi,

Reiki is a kind of alternative medicine that gives your life a new direction. You can start leaving behind all your destructive habits as you start introducing Reiki principles in your life. Soon, you will live and breathe alongside with your constant flow of energy healing. Modern medicine may scoff at how effective Reiki really is. However, wisdom is never outdated and the Reiki philosophy is founded on centuries old wisdom.

<snipped for spam/shill>

clarke06,theres a fine line between helpful pointers in a direction and spamming and shilling stuff on this site.

I've cut out your fake "sig". Please do not do that again.

Advertisement