Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I thought waterboarding was pouring water over someone's face as they lie on their back? This man put his daughter's head in water until it was lapping at her chin and forehead, from the article it doesn't appear as if he poured it over her at all. It's was a really horrible, nasty thing to do cos the daughter was terrified of water, but it's hardly waterboarding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Piste wrote: »
    I thought waterboarding was pouring water over someone's face as they lie on their back? This man put his daughter's head in water until it was lapping at her chin and forehead, from the article it doesn't appear as if he poured it over her at all. It's was a really horrible, nasty thing to do cos the daughter was terrified of water, but it's hardly waterboarding.

Aye the Fischer Price version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The prize if she had said it correctly was a trip to Dunkin Donuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

So much wrong with this story.

1. Waterboard is torture, no matter what slant you want to put on it.
    2. America should not have entered Iraq (I know there's nothing in the story to suggest he was there, but the mentality of Americans has changed drastically as a result of the fear that's been implanted in their minds since 9/11).
    3. America does not take proper care of their war heroes when they come home.
    4. The soldier in question needs help before he gets punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Piste wrote: »

It's not as sensationalist though if they just said 'Man washes daughter's hair as punishment' now is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

It could have been worse.

He could have motor-boated her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

There's a video on YouTube of a journalist being water-boarded, doesn't look nice at all.. the thoughts of putting a child through that are sickening

It was Christopher Hitchens, video. Looks nasty as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,965 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kraggy wrote: »
    So much wrong with this story.

1. Waterboard is torture, no matter what slant you want to put on it.
    2. America should not have entered Iraq (I know there's nothing in the story to suggest he was there, but the mentality of Americans has changed drastically as a result of the fear that's been implanted in their minds since 9/11). [Irrelevant to this discussion]
    3. America does not take proper care of their war heroes when they come home.
    4. The soldier in question needs help before he gets punishment.
    Yes, I just dont see how a normal person would have, could have, done what he did. I have to agree something seriously pushed him over an edge when he was over there. What you have there is a total disrespect for human life. A child's life. His child. A child he probably has seen for 18 months out of 48.

Could we not make jokes about this here? Save it for nein11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

mailforkev wrote: »
    Cheney would probably have just shot her in the face.

And then made her apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Fizman wrote: »
    It could have been worse.

He could have motor-boated her.

Good god.

the line ---> | ..................................................................................................................................... you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

AMERICAN IN STUPID CHOICE SHOCKER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,965 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now now. No need to be a Fuddy Duddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is there no happy medium? kids are either spoilt, undisciplined litte sh1ts or tortured by a psychopath type in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jumpy wrote: »
    Good god.

the line ---> | ..................................................................................................................................... you.

Assuming we are going left to right yes?!

Perhaps I'm weird, okay, let's cut the BS, I am weird. But I honestly did go from right to left with that

Anyway, on topic. What kind of a plank is that father?! The poor child, only 4 years old. Idiot. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Moronic Statesian does moronic act.

This just in, Rain is Wet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Wow, terrifying a little cild with CIA tactics. Man he must be so proud of himself. What a big bold brave adult man - taking it out on a 4 year old child. Wanker!

Honest to god. Some people are just sick. Sick sick sick

I have two little girls, eldest being 19 Months. I can honestly say that woe betide anyone who would every consider doing such a thing to a child. I would hammer the living shit out of them.

Advertisement