Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to Eat?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on what to eat. I just started going to the the gym 3 weeks ago, in an effort to lose weight. I'm male, 20 years old, 6'7'' and about 18st. My usual day is a chicken sandwich at 11a.m., chicken and ham sandwiches around 1p.m. then a bowl of pasta at 6.30p.m. after the gym with 2 penguin bars thrown in during the day.

The kicker is that I don't eat fish or salad.
    Any Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 celts

All depends on your goals whether it's fat loss or to build muscle.You should eat clean anyway.
    5 pieces of fruit or some veg a day for your vitamins
    A combination of protein , carbs and healthy fats
    PROTEIN - MEET FISH NUTS EGGS
    CARBS - BREAD best brown RICE best brown POTATOES best sweet potatoes PASTA brown probably best as well .If your bodybuilding tho white won't kill you if you eat at the right times it will help with gains
    FATS - Healthy fats from fish , nuts , eggs etc .Salmon tuna .
    Also drink atleast 2 litres of water a day.
    If your bodybuilding you could buy some weigh protein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

If you want to lose weight ditch the sandwiches for salads, nuts, crackers instead of bread. Chicken is gooood but tuna, salmon or even hard boiled eggs make great sandwich/salad fillers.

You need fruit and veg also. I find spinach to be the most all round veg. Can put it in anything and rarely taste it. (e.g., smoothies, pasta dish, curry)

Ditch the chocolate too....you dont lose weight eating chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If i was in your boat i would concentrate on building some lean muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

less sandwiches, NO bars. lots more fruit, veg, porridge, whole grain rice / pasta, meat etc.

defo you should build muscle but I wouldnt advise you to get any heavier than 18st, 6 7" or not ..

Advertisement