Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Tubridy sooo smug?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Ryan Tubridy is a C-U-N-T.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

another for the 3 B's

Beaten, Bullied & Burned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

20 years of effortless success does that to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I hate most things and people yet i don't hate Ryan Tubridy, there's something wrong with me I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

The man has a top job for life, regardless of how bland or ungifted he may be.

I'm reminded of the most hillarious RTE presenter argument somebody made to me once, stating that Gerry Ryan, Tubbs and Co. deserved every penny they got because otherwise they'd be poached by the BBC or Channel 4 and then where would we be? :D Talk about off your nut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I'm reminded of the most hillarious RTE presenter argument somebody made to me once, stating that Gerry Ryan, Tubbs and Co. deserved every penny they got because otherwise they'd be poached by the BBC or Channel 4 and then where would we be? :D Talk about off your nut.

I've never understood this logic. I can (just about) see a case for having to pay their presenters enough so that they won't go to TV3 or a rival radio station in Ireland, but where the hell do they get the idea that the BBC are hovering in the wings just dying to snap up Gerry Ryan to replace Jonathon Ross, or eyeing up Tubridy for a Graham Nortonesque Friday night chat show?

I mean, effectively, any Irish TV presenter that's been good enough has gone to England of their own accord!

Plus, if the Beeb thought any of them were worth hiring, they could easily pay significantly more than RTE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Forget the BBC...is any Irish presenter good enough for hosting on Playboy!!!! (think about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Forget the BBC...is any Irish presenter good enough for hosting on Playboy!!!! (think about it)

It's a real brain teaser alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

We all know the obvious answer...Twink!:eek:

Advertisement