Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton in Kilcock or Clane

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello all,
    Does anyone know if there's a Badminton Club in Kilcock?
    I really want to get back into playing and would love to join somewhere local. I don't know many people in the area so I think it'd be a good way to meet people aswell as getting back to enjoying the sport.
    If there are any other clubs nearby and anyone has any info on them that'd be great too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

Theres a cub finder on the badminton Iread website (www.badminton.ie).

According to that there are clubs in both Clane and Kilcock. Contact details are also provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Hiya Penny,
    If you havent come down already. theres 2 clubs in Kilcock

We play in the GAA hall mondays and thursdays between 9 and 11. (sometimes starting at 9:15).

You should definately come down. Theres also one in clane, ive played there a few times in matches. The setup isnt half as good with a low roof and only 2 courts.

Just drop down tomoro night after 9:15 and youll be welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Penny21

Hi Neil,

Thanks a million. I was under the impression that the badminton club met in the GAA Club on a Monday and Thursday. Is it Tuesday and Thursday?
    You all sound very welcoming, I'm just nervous because it's so long since I've played and the last time I tried to join a club, they had me playing against really experienced people straight away. I couldn't keep up at all never mind being in bits the next day!
    So I'm just nervous about going back. But thanks for the info! Might see you there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Penny21 wrote: »
    Hi Neil,

Thanks a million. I was under the impression that the badminton club met in the GAA Club on a Monday and Thursday. Is it Tuesday and Thursday?
    You all sound very welcoming, I'm just nervous because it's so long since I've played and the last time I tried to join a club, they had me playing against really experienced people straight away. I couldn't keep up at all never mind being in bits the next day!
    So I'm just nervous about going back. But thanks for the info! Might see you there :-)

Sorry - i have a hangover and heads all over the place, dont know what day it is :) . We play mondays and thursdays. 9-11.

You should come down tonight. Its real relaxed and theres a good few new players who are only learning to play. There was 1 new girl last week, who hasnt played before.

Im usually down at around 9:15 -20 as i play in maynooth before hand, but theres always someone there and they are friendly!

There are teams but its more of a social club anyway so wouldnt be worried.

Advertisement