Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Club Meeting: Invictus @ Cineworld, Parnell st. Thursday Feb 11th. 20:30 show

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

What?
    The second meeting of the boards film club as discussed here.

What film?
    Invictus, starring Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman. Directed by Clint Eastwood.

Where?
    Cineworld Parnell St. Dublin.
    It was deeemed the easiest for the most people to get to based on feedback in the above thread.

When?
    Thursday, 11th of February.

Time?
    8:30 screening. Meet in the Cineworld bar from 7 onwards.

Who can come?
    Anybody who frequents this film forum.

Can I bring non-boards friend(s)?
    Yes you can. The more the merrier!

Is there a membership fee
    Nope. Just pay for your own ticket :P

Will we be booking in advance?
    Not really. However, we will be meeting before the film. That would be the best time to get tickets, or before that if you like.

How will I know who/what to look for?
    Keep an eye out for a James van Der Beek lookalike with a toy Triceratops/rhinoceras.

Will we be hanging around after the film?
    Yes. The plan is to have a grand aul chat about it afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Count me in, going to try and rope the brother in law to come too.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Count me in, can we go to KFC afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Not a huge poster in the Film Forum, but a HUGE film buff. Would be really interested in going to see this film and having a conversation with fellow film buffs! Hopefully I can make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

uhm.. we usually go to the pub.
    DazMarz wrote: »
    Not a huge poster in the Film Forum, but a HUGE film buff. Would be really interested in going to see this film and having a conversation with fellow film buffs! Hopefully I can make it!

You might not be welcome. Depends on how badly you guys batter my beloved arsenal on Sunday. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Will try to make it along. Should be interesting to see what Sir Morgan of Freeman does with the role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Galvasean wrote: »
    You might not be welcome. Depends on how badly you guys batter my beloved arsenal on Sunday. :o

Aha.... I see.... Understandable I suppose!:P:D

uhm.. we usually go to the pub. Have I missed something, thought last week was the first meeting LOL

Arsenal ruined my life when I was 7 winning the Cup Final against the mighty Reds. I've hated them ever since. Other than the last game of the 1988/89 season I've never wanted Arsenal to win as bad as I want them to on Sunday. I hope they batter them (copright Sir Fergie of Manchester, last Sunday!) See you Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You might not be welcome. Depends on how badly you guys batter my beloved arse on Sunday. :o

FYP..... Em.... Anyway I shall definitely be attending this... I swear. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    FYP..... Em.... Anyway I shall definitely be attending this... I swear. :)

150x150_lies_make_baby_jesus_cry2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

As mammy nastii used to say "We'll see"

Looks like a decent little movie.

• Advertisement

Just looking at times now. There's half 5 and half 8.
    Think it's gonna have to be half 8.
    Meet at Cineworld around 7?

*thread stickified*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hmm, may not make the last bus/train so I'll probably pass on this one. Heard an interview with Morgan Freeman last night. Was interesting.

When is your last bus? The films' run time is just over two hours, so adding in trailer/advert time it should be over well befre eleven o' clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'll see ya there peeps.

Bring the hugs, I'll be not sleepy this time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The pub does really good food, but you would have to get it before the film....
    uhm.. we usually go to the pub.

They close the kitchen in the pub at 9.45 as far as I remember from being there for the first meeting so don't think we are going to make it in time. I nominate Eddie Rockets for post film sustanence, my body doesn't like KFC for some reason.

Btw if no-ones come up with a name for our motley crew yet how about "The Usual Suspects"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I can't make it this time. Sorry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

marwelie wrote: »
    They close the kitchen in the pub at 9.45 as far as I remember from being there for the first meeting so don't think we are going to make it in time. I nominate Eddie Rockets for post film sustanence, my body doesn't like KFC for some reason.

Btw if no-ones come up with a name for our motley crew yet how about "The Usual Suspects"?

Vote for it on Thursday, only people who actually attend should cast a vote :P

Or let the glorious leader decide.

Name suggestions.. at the end of the page. Some are hilarious :P

• Advertisement

It's a shame I didn't know about this place when Disaster Movie came out, we could of had a Disaster Movie meet, that would of been awesome.
    We should have our next meeting when Old Dogs comes out, looks hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Thank you for the reminder Galva!
    I shall be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Hey everybody. Tomorrows 8:30 show will be in screen 4 & it is assigned seating. Tonights 8:30 show was a complete sell out with seats being sold that don't exist. Lots of problems. So I recommend all those going to show up to the screen 15-20 minutes early. The finish time is 11:02, but it will finish a few minutes early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry I can't make it. Went with my good lady friend tonight. Haven't got this bros before hos thing fully understood yet :D Pretty decent flick, although I am a sucker for a good sports movie. That said this film excels in parts off the pitch .It ain't no Mighty Ducks or Miracle or Cool Runnings but all in all a solid 3.5 star movie.
    I'm getting a plane for the Ireland Vs France game
    :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How many showed up last time?

How many showed up last time?

8. Not bad connsidering the Ladies Lounge Beers and Boards Drama Group Wrap Party were on at the same time.

I'm so excited.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I might head in, although I have a severe hatred of town, so I may not! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

8. Not bad connsidering the Ladies Lounge Beers and Boards Drama Group Wrap Party were on at the same time.

I was there too but i couldnt find you guys

• Advertisement

You should be able to find us in the bar (First floor of Cineworld) by the jukebox in the corner. Look out for a hoodie wearing, tea drinking wheelchair user and a dinosaur loving, James Van Der Beek lookalike ;o)(Morning Galvasean, thanks to your lot for beating Liverpool last night, cheered me up no end after your performance against Chelski!)

Advertisement