Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorite? Meteoroid? Visitors?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Speaking of strange things. Some weird little old guy in a hoodie just came up to my front door repeating the phrase "Phone Home...Phone Home!" over and over again. He wouldn't stop, and then he stole my M&M's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Wish i saw it, did it look anything like that video though?

Because to me it looks like a rocket launch in reverse...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The video looks fake to me, at least it wasn't what I saw. It didn't last that long for a start. Although maybe there was more than one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The video looks fake to me, at least it wasn't what I saw. It didn't last that long for a start. Although maybe there was more than one?

+1 Was thinking the exact same, that is one slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww meteor. Normally the things are over in flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Driving out the Oldcastle road from Kells, saw what I thought was a huge green firework. But it was descending and really fast too. Seemed to flash yellow before it disappeared. Over Cavan/Monaghan as I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

heres one someone made earlier, about a year earlier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A reverse meteor eh? Better call Tony Stark. Or Dr. B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

snyper wrote: »
    Who cares... we shall all be dead by December 21th 2012 when the world ends.. This now today is not the time.. we have to wait till then.

Oh shit really? fuuck. I had the 22nd marked. That would have been a big mistake.. like... LOL :o

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Let's go burn down the observatory so this will never happen again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

€500 per gram they say, so lets all head up to co cavan to find it, before some stingy farmer does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

has it been released where it landed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Sligome wrote: »
    has it been released where it landed?

well according to RTE > in a field near Crimlin in Co Cavan (where ever the f&ck that is:confused:)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0203/meteorite.html

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Publicity Stunt anyone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Vid is over a year old

Heres the original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uct8V5pPcok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i thought the same thing. like when north korea launched a missile a few months ago that crashed into the sea a few minutes later. according to their news agency it was a satellite in space broadcasting revolutionary songs of the worker's party.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrre it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I heard it was Les Dennis trying to get back to where ever it was he came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

France and America use strategic location to launch rockets from, using 'windows' in the atmosphere to get to space. Iran on the other hand uses eh..... a hill, and grandads pick-up. Noice.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-02/52012188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I saw the same thing last week, passed over Cork about 8 in the evening, it was moving pretty fast, burnt out over the city it seemed, though it was probably far away. This was also distinctly green, I thought it was a flare or firework at first but there was no noise, definitely as op described.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rentacrowd

Panda wrote: »
    Vid is over a year old

Heres the original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uct8V5pPcok
    They showed a clip on RTE news that they said the got from 'the internet'. Fairly sure it was that one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

rentacrowd wrote: »
    They showed a clip on RTE news that they said the got from 'the internet'. Fairly sure it was that one

lol! News FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

squod wrote: »
    Did you contact NASA to have it named after you :D

"The squod commet"

Quick question, how long was it falling before you got your camera out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bleeding aliens, coming here, stealing our wimmenz, and riding our jobs.

Wait and see, a few weeks, everyone that works in McD's will be a funny shade of grey, with those stupid huge eyes.

(Proper case of racism there. The Human Racism.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My brother saw it, I'm glad I didn't - I would have freaked out thinking there was another Lockerbie situation.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I saw it, I was driving on the road between Shannon and Ennis. Thought my eyes were playing tricks. Twas bloody massive. Looked like it would have landed around Gort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Saw it when walking up a street in Swords, was very big alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fighting_Irish

So did it hit land in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So did it hit land in Ireland?
    Unless Cavan has been declared an independant state then yes it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Get all the element zero from it before anyone else can, it's worth thousands because its so rare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

This was a fake was it not (video that is).....

Advertisement