Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Megadeth-Marquee Cork 14 June 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

im getting my tics soon :D i love megadeth lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Just got my tickets:D.
    Really looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Damn Leaving Cert!

Hopefully they'll announce another big metal gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Aw hell yea bItches!!!
    DethTicket.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Got my ticket but I selected seating my mistake. Balls. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

That is a serious balls minstrel, but its not the end of the world. At least you can concentrate on Mustaine's playing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Got my ticket, happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FalloutBoy

really hope the sounds better than at the o2 with judas priest and testament!

FalloutBoy wrote: »
    really hope the sounds better than at the o2 with judas priest and testament!
    Me too, although in fairness with the gig in the O2 the circumstances were pretty random. I still say they should have had a decent back up engineer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

BRB WHILE I JIZZ MY PANTS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FalloutBoy

NO WAY, Junior is back...David Ellefson has been brought back! I fricken love Megadeth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134737

Yeah Dave is back (and although there is another thread to this, its more important now then ever to post a photo)

megadeth20101.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mandalore87

My girlfriend should be picking up my ticket for me today when she's in town. I'm really looking forward to holding it for some reason. :D

Edit: Ticket secured!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

HOW MUCH ARE THE TICKETS WOULDNT MIND GOING TO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

dunno about RIP in its entirety here, but i think you'll defo get 2-3 track 'segments' of the album back to back with no breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mandalore87

Star Bingo wrote: »
    dunno about RIP in its entirety here, but i think you'll defo get 2-3 track 'segments' of the album back to back with no breaks.

Hopefully Five Magics, Poison Was The Curse and Rust In Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭I.Am.A.Panda

Hopefully Five Magics, Poison Was The Curse and Rust In Peace.

From what I've heard (i.e. Wikipedia :P) they're playing RIP, with Testament playing some other album. ALthoug hI can't go, I really hope they play Polaris :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Any word on a support act for this show?

Nope, not yet. My head is wreaked that i cant go, and im having no luck selling my ticket either :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I've got my ticket though my friend might be bailing which means heading down alone. **** it. I'm curious what support they might get.

• Advertisement

God damn it aiken, announce the support act(s) already:mad:.
    Surely it isn't just Megadeth alone that will be playing and no support?

God damn it aiken, announce the support act(s) already:mad:.
    Surely it isn't just Megadeth alone that will be playing and no support?

I doubt you'll get massive support, if Aiken have good support, it's usually announced as a double billing...even when its not

I doubt you'll get massive support, if Aiken have good support, it's usually announced as a double billing...even when its not

I know that at this stage it probably won't be a big support act but I would like to know if we are getting any support at all. Won't mind if it is a local band, always up for checking out new bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Can't wait for this, I have my ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Same, cannot wait for this :D

Looks like they will (probably) play Rust in Peace in full :pac: I say probably because they were meant to stop for the south american tour but they kept playing it.. better not stop now :eek:

all megadeth sets are the same except sometimes they play 19 songs and not 18, so if they keep playing RIP in full then we should be getting something like this

Dialectic Chaos
    This Day We Fight!
    In My Darkest Hour
    Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Dawn Patrol
    Rust in Peace... Polaris
    Headcrusher
    The Right to Go Insane
    A Tout Le Monde
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Encore:
    Trust
    Peace Sells

Also they end with Holy wars again. just the end of it :D
    I would love more "So Far,So Good, So what" though.. songs like Set the world afire, Liar, hook in mouth and mary jane :D

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Same, cannot wait for this :D

Looks like they will (probably) play Rust in Peace in full :pac: I say probably because they were meant to stop for the south american tour but they kept playing it.. better not stop now :eek:

all megadeth sets are the same except sometimes they play 19 songs and not 18, so if they keep playing RIP in full then we should be getting something like this

Dialectic Chaos
    This Day We Fight!
    In My Darkest Hour
    Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was the Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado of Souls
    Dawn Patrol
    Rust in Peace... Polaris
    Headcrusher
    The Right to Go Insane
    A Tout Le Monde
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Encore:
    Trust
    Peace Sells

Also they end with Holy wars again. just the end of it :D
    I would love more "So Far,So Good, So what" though.. songs like Set the world afire, Liar, hook in mouth and mary jane :D
    God dam...im now even more gutted....

I know that at this stage it probably won't be a big support act but I would like to know if we are getting any support at all. Won't mind if it is a local band, always up for checking out new bands.

I agree, wouldn't mind knowing who the support was, sadly I wish Mustaine himself took an interest and campaigned to bring bands from the States to Europe to fly the flag for modern Trash

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

They should bring over Testament :pac: they have no dates scheduled for June and they are already touring together in the states :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

with Testament playing some other album.

:eek:
    That "some other album" happens to be "The Legacy" which is one of the finest pieces of thrash metal around.
    On topic I'd say its most likely to be a local band supporting Megadeth. Cork has some great metal bands so it should be a pretty decent opening act even if its not a big name band.

• Advertisement

I'd give anything to hear this track, live, it still sends shivers down my back

Advertisement