Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmadinejad: Iran will deliver a harsh blow to "global arrogance" on February 11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Overheal wrote: »
    CNN - An information Blockout is now in effect. Only State Media is being permitted through. monitored web traffic has *significantly* died down. Google services are being blocked entirely.

I don't like it...

Wow :eek:

I'm an atheist but for some reason I feel like saying a decade of the rosary...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats because you can almost smell the animosity in the air. People will die tonight. But I hope I am surely wrong.

I dunno, I'm gonna stay positive, that president whatchamacallhim doesn't really have that much power does he??

I think the saddest thing is the people really do seem to want change. I remember Ireland were playing there years ago and there was some female journalist who said she got pushed out of a cafe for making the grave mistake of standing in a male queue.
    When she told this story to a few lads in their 20's they were really embarrassed and brought her back there to try and get an apology. Fcukin religious bullsh being imposed on people, really wrecks my head

I truly hope this is something trivial

It didnt seem that trivial when we started getting video and phone calls out of Iran after the most recent Election.

http://www.face.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055592159

http://www.face.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60704217

Satellite imagery and Phone Calls into places like CNN Corroborated things like protesters being thrown over bridge ledges onto pavement, etc. - in other words, it got pretty effing violent down there. That was a claimed-illegitimate election.

and now, today is the Anniversary of the Revolution, just days after Ahmedinijad declared Iran will deliver a Harsh Blow to global Arrogance.

And now its all gone dark in the early hours of Feb. 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The CNN article is reporting on stuff that's been happening for a while now.

• Advertisement

Ah. I had just been going buy the CNN Channel.

Either way its a troubling precursor. I doubt we'll know any more until tomorrow, effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭DogmaticLefty

The NSA have a direct line to your gmail account.

The Iranians will have the same powers the Americans currently do. Only they keep their information inside their own borders.

I'm a roundcube email user myself. Now while it's not as good an interface as gmail, it's getting there. It even speaks as gaeilge to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Wow, looks like it may get messy over there, very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Fu*king freaks.

How come thse bat**** crazy muthafu*kers dont understand that if we acted like they're acting they wouldnt fu*king exist anymore?

They may hate us and everything about us but its only our liberal society thats preventing us from wiping their dumbasses off the face of the earth.

But they dont seem to get that. Its like a little kid sitting besidea great big German shepard and sticking pins in it every few minutes.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Fu*king freaks.

How come thse bat**** crazy muthafu*kers dont understand that if we acted like they're acting they wouldnt fu*king exist anymore?

They may hate us and everything about us but its only our liberal society thats preventing us from wiping their dumbasses off the face of the earth.

But they dont seem to get that. Its like a little kid sitting besidea great big German shepard and sticking pins in it every few minutes.
    I.... cannot refute this! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Fu*king freaks.

You American because if your Irish what the hell are you talking about? Actually even if you’re American what the hell are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bit harsh dude.

...actually, I feel completely unaffected.

Feel sorry for the people, there's lots who genuinely want change

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I know it sounds a bit ominous but I really hope that we see no death toll tomorrow.

Doc wrote: »
    You American because if your Irish what the hell are you talking about? Actually even if you’re American what the hell are you talking about?
    He means if everybody wanted to wipe everybody off the map like Iran does we'd all be dead.

Honestly though you don't have to pull the Yank card: that poor thing is looking a bit too wrinkled for the Deck at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

The Iranians will have the same powers the Americans currently do. Only they keep their information inside their own borders.

I would guess that if you have an anti-iranian website its more than likely you will suffer a denial of service attack or worse, whereever you are in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Overheal wrote: »
    He means if everybody wanted to wipe everybody off the map like Iran does we'd all be dead.

Honestly though you don't have to pull the Yank card: that poor thing is looking a bit too wrinkled for the Deck at this stage.

It was more the:

"its only our liberal society thats preventing us from wiping their dumbasses off the face of the earth."

part that I was asking if he was American for because its not like the Irish army is going to be able to wipe them off the map. Even if he is American I cant see them getting into another war anytime soon especially with a country that could fight back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭DogmaticLefty

I would guess that if you have an anti-iranian website its more than likely you will suffer a denial of service attack or worse, whereever you are in the world.

I dare you to set up an Iran supporters website with a server in Texas.

Oh, and have a look at this that has already gone through the house.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s111-773

All domain names will have to be registered, approved online activity and even more Pentagon-monitored internet/VOIP traffic, etc., etc.

I don't want a government-dominated Internet2 that's tied up with big business. I want to be able to look up a domain name and connect to any server that's open in the world. Similarly, I want to allow anyone in the world access my server. The governments of the world should be facilitating these freedoms, not going against them.

This one is interesting too:
    http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/03/report-recruit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

In all seriousness, at this stage I reckon the "harsh blow to global arrogance" bit is just him hyping up his speech later. He'll say the usual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

What does he mean by "harsh blow". For all we know the lunatic might launch an attack......

hold the phone partyatmygaff, you're beginning to sound like Tony Blair :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

could anyone sum up the last 8 pages in a few lines please?

thanks

longshanks wrote: »
    could anyone sum up the last 8 pages in a few lines please?

thanks
    Durka Durka Allah RTFM Jihad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 paulplonk

What time did he say? let me guess there was no time frame given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Imagine a world where the Iranians had the power (and nukes) of the Americans and vice versa.

Wonder how long over-tolerance would survive in that world.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

First I've heard of all this malarky. Whats going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Rabies wrote: »

End of the world etc

Oh and google launched a new service called buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

They have just announced Michael Bay as vice president and Transformers 2 as a national treasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Rabies wrote: »

I think we're all goin to die or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

They're going to test their first nuclear bomb.

Seismic recorders are all pointed at Iran to record the vibrations and power of the test.(we're all on 24Hr seismic alert in Oz)

Then he's going to reiterate his speach where he says Israel should be blown off the face of the earth and that he intends to do so if the US or Israel don't do as they're told(by him)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

darkman2 wrote: »
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/31/iran.protests/index.html?section=cnn_latest

I think we are suppose to guess what it is going to be. Awww.

They're going to drop their barbaric religion and become civilised?:confused:

Advertisement