Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

iPod compatible car radio for Mazda 3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

Is there anything in Cork?
    I might be passing through there in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

op - colm_mcm referred to the Axxess products earlier on. I looked into the various options for my wifes mazda last year and this seemed like the best option at the time for the money. It will display track info and is controlled from steering wheel controls. Removing stereo on her car (Mazda 5) appears to be very straight forward.

Also looked into replacing head unit but because the stereo is so integrated into the dash on the 5 I'd have had to buy a new surround, etc.. for it and neither of us liked how it would look afterwards. Mazda themselves had also brought out their own mp3 kit but it was supposed to be fairly crap and only for 08+ models - no idea if they've done the same for the 3.

In the end I completely forgot about this - must look into it again. Also I think if I was going to replace the head unit I'd be looking to get one that takes memory cards or usb sticks -- less chance of leaving something behind & visible that some little $%#@& might want to smash your window and grab.

Google for Axxess Mazda 3 - there's plenty of examples of how to fit the unit. Might be worth a look.

Good idea zing.
    My rough calculations make it seem like a fair comparison to change the head unit or get the interface.
    The interface will let me use external players on the original unit. Changing the unit will give me different sound and features.
    Will look into both and see if there's a difference between them?

By the way has anyone found any place that demos the interface or is it one of those things only available through the web?

I followed some advice and looked into the adaptor, however I can find two of them. The Axxess one and an Xcar link one.
    http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=213_25&products_id=672 Axxess link

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=213_25&products_id=142 X car link

Has anyone used either of these?

is there anywhere online to get reliable reviews or information on head units?
    The only ones I can find are for halfords and the like with customer comments instead of a serious review.

• Advertisement
Advertisement