Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600m Wireless network??

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Basically i have been asked by a friend to investigate setting up a wireless calving camera for him. That part is grand, i have one set up myself, at a distance of maybe 70m line of sight from the router to the IP camera. The camera is a Pan Tilt Zoom and very functional. Problem is my friend needs to transmit ~ 600m :rolleyes: Is this possible using existing wireless technology? I know its possible to have piggyback routers as i have this in my existing setup ( Broadband at one end of the house, Camera out the other side! ), but they would need power, and there are only fields between my friends house and sheds!

So any suggestions? Also id like to keep cost down as much as possible, as the camera alone costs over €400...

Thanks,
    Robo_Mike

Comments

Advertisement