Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N900 Apps, Tips, Repos.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

matrim wrote: »
    I found battery life actually got better every day for the first 2 weeks or so.

The first few days are always going to see heavy usage, i only got a half a day out of mine on the first day!
    But now i get about a days worth, with quite a bit of wifi usage and music. All i really want out of it is to get me through 9-6 with moderate to heavy wifi internet browsing and it seems to do just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hi, Until now I haven't been too bothered, but It's time to fix this i think...
    I cannot connect to vodafone's internet.
    I havent changed a setting out of the box it just never worked.
    Anyone know what the story is?

The other thing that doesn't work for me is the ovi store, cant download at all, and some apps like the weather, or ap, amazon wont download either.
    I have downloaded the, extra codecs, the flashlight esport things, i nes etc from the app manager...

anyone hear anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bernik12

Hi, Until now I haven't been too bothered, but It's time to fix this i think...
    I cannot connect to vodafone's internet.
    I havent changed a setting out of the box it just never worked.
    Anyone know what the story is?

The other thing that doesn't work for me is the ovi store, cant download at all, and some apps like the weather, or ap, amazon wont download either.
    I have downloaded the, extra codecs, the flashlight esport things, i nes etc from the app manager...

anyone hear anything about this?

Hi Owwmykneecap,

I had the same issue for the first 24 hours but got on to Vodafone this morning and they sent on the data packet settings and everything is great. First thing I downloaded was the latest firmware which I couldn't even see let alone download before. Give them a call, they even sent me the correct MMS settings so I'm now looking for safest/best app available.

As mentioned above, can people suggest the best MMS app please. I'm not a techie person so I'm looking for zero risk apps, tried and tested. I'm sure there are great apps in 'extra devel' but I wouldn't have the knowledge to use, test & report bugs, etc.

in addition to the above MMS app is anyone using the WifiInfo app from Maemo.org? Is it any good?

Thanks in advance
    bernik12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

Petrovic ---- if you want to send anything by bluetooth....this is a must!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

hi all,

I have a creative nomad 20gb, I'd like to transfer the majority of it's contents to my n900. Can fellow users suggest an app or process that they have been using.

Thanks
    Flop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

flop wrote: »
    hi all,

I have a creative nomad 20gb, I'd like to transfer the majority of it's contents to my n900. Can fellow users suggest an app or process that they have been using.

Thanks
    Flop

copy and paste?:D

Why can't you just connect both devices and copy across the music? It might take a while but it seems like the obvious solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bernik12

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice again. I don't own a personal PC so have no access to music in digital form to be able to fill my n900 with. I registered with 7digital yesterday and have tried downloading a track (via Vodafone ISP, not wifi) but it won't install. My questioin is whether 7digital is compatible with maemo5? If not, can anyone recommend a site/service which I can download direct to my n900 and will also store my music catelogue of purchases (basically itunes for the n900).

Hopefully someone can help so I can start using more of my n900.

thanks
    Karl

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

7Digital Mp3's should be ok, but I think you would run into problems with their encrypted WMA's (Windows Media).

Before you click on buy, make sure the tracks you want are available as MP3 and NOT WMA.

Advertisement