Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity wall insulation aeroboard for a garage

Options
  • 29-01-2010 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a rough cost of this type of insulation for use within a cavity wall of 300mm construction, thats 2 leafs of 4inch blocks on edge giving 200mm and the 100mm cavity which will break into 60mm insulation / 40mm air gap im planning.

Is there any cheap fome of aeroboard that would do for a garage or will i just run with the same type used in house construction.

Whats the general price and area covered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have a look here. Might help a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Donnchadh

I'm in a similar situation. I have a block built shed in my garden and I'm thinking of turining it into a workshop, but at the moment it's way to cold for that. What insulation would you recommend? The shed is roughly 24' by 10', single cavity block with a flat roof, zero insulation. The DPC appears to be on block above floor level (I could be wrong here but that is what it looks like)

Advertisement