Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Tom Map Corrections

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To view map version .
    In normal view tap the bottom right of the screen where signal level is displayed.
    Above the Done button tap the box that shows version number.
    The next screen will display all your device information including Map & map version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Now. I've downloaded all new maps that came as free upgrades, updating regularly. But what that screen says is:

Device AK7SG B2FTW
    App 8.351 (9982/0905 18) OS: 315187
    64 MB RAM (free: §8.6 MB)
    GPS v1.20. Boot 5.5120
    Map: 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland' v855.2884
    Language: English US
    www.tomtom.com
    Please check the 'Licenses' folder for application license details

I also have an expansion card in the machine; don't know if this affects anything. I got it and installed it when the maps stopped fitting on the machine, I think.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It seems the Kildare Street issue was changed on v860.
    I have sent report re South Richmond Street etc.

Kookid, was v860 a version you had to buy? The TomTom software keeps nagging me to sign up for paid updates, but unfortunately I need that money for stuff like food, so I just update the free maps usually.

My last update of those free maps (or at least free since I paid last year) was last week or the week before. Should I have v860?

v860 is the latest map.It would need to be purchased.

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    v860 is the latest map.It would need to be purchased.

Heh, passive voice.

So my maps that I paid €70 or so for last year are now wrong? Ah, right.

Maps are released every 3 months

Correction Type : Rename StreetCity : Dublin 6
    Road Name: Grove Avenue/ Unnamed Road
    Co Ordinates : 53.29298 deg,-6.19260 deg
    Description: Rename Unnamed road facing Linden Grove to Linden Court

lindencourtdvdv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Correction Type : Add Roundabout
    City : Nth county Dublin
    Road Name: R 132
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 29.572 W6 deg 11.746
    Description: There is now a roundabout here, whick allows a right turn onto R126 when heading north. there is also a left turn into a new development

Correction Type : unblock road
    City : nth county Dublin
    Road Name : Chapel farm grove
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 31.365. W6 deg 10.167

Chapel farm grove is not a dead end it joins to chapel farm avenue

• Advertisement

Correction Type : one way street
    City : Kilkee County Clare
    Road Name:Corry Lane
    Co Ordinates : N52 deg 40.659 W9 deg 38.805
    Description: Corry lane is one way only ,Traffic from Circular Road cannot enter Corry Lane

Correction Type : Block Road
    City : Nth county Dublin
    Road Name: Chapel Farm Square
    Co Ordinates : N53 deg 31.320. W6 deg 10.198
    Description: There are now bollards placed at the end of this road to prevent vehicle access to or from Chapel Farm Road.
    To gain access to Chapel Farm Fquare from Chapel Farm Road you now must come via Chapel Farm Drive

@koolkid The TomTom Home software is trying to get me to sign up for updated maps (at €35 a year), but it's saying "You currently have the most up-to-date maps".

But my Go says it has version 8.351, not the version you were talking about.

What's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bestable

The new version isn'out to the new year at the very least

bestable wrote: »
    The new version isn'out to the new year at the very least

I'm a bit hazy - Koolkid said 860 (I think it was) should have Kildare Street correctly as inaccessible from St Stephen's Green. But the version I have still directs you into Kildare Street - but tells me that it's the latest maps.

As fare as I know they are renewed and maps three times a year the next update is due in January

As fare as I know they are renewed and maps three times a year the next update is due in January

If you look back through the thread you'll see Koolkid telling me the latest map has Kildare Street correct - but bafflingly, the software tells me my older incorrect map is bang up to date.

Sorry lads , away at the moment. Just popped into a cafe to get away from the sun:cool:;)
    I´ll address any map errors when I get back.
    Qualitymark ,can you post up your device & what is the map version?

With TomTom its 4 times a year every 3 months.
    I think Feb is the next. If you look back to any threads announcing map releases you will get more exact dates,

Sorry lads , away at the moment. Just popped into a cafe to get away from the sun:cool:;)
    I´ll address any map errors when I get back.
    Qualitymark ,can you post up your device & what is the map version?

It's a TomTom Go 520T
    Map: 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland' v855.2884

v860 should be available for purchase via TomTom Home.
    I have a 720 updated to v860

• Advertisement

Purchase? How much? How? Where? Every time I connect, the software a) tells me my maps are up to date, and b) tries to get me to sign up for €35 a year for updates. Confusing.

TomTom have what they call a latest map guarantee.
    Did you get a free update initally with the device?
    What it does in ensures when you buy a device you have an up to date map. eg your device could have been on a shelf for 6 to 9 months prior to you getting it.
    After that you can purchase newer maps eith once off or by a annual price giving you the next 4 maps.
    Prices vary from map to map.

Koolkid, I have the device, oh, perhaps three years. Last year I bought a new map for about €70.

Only Mapshare correction updates are free.
    If you want a newer map the options above apply.

Only Mapshare correction updates are free.
    If you want a newer map the options above apply.

Koolkid, could you answer my question, please? How do I buy the new map, and what does it cost?

As I said already the cost depends on the map you want & whether you buy one map or multiple updates for a year.

Connect device to TomTom home.
    Select add maps.
    The list will be filtered to what it thinks your looking for. You can select all maps from the drop down list on the right hand side.
    Each map will be listed with a price beside it.
    There will also be a banner adver in TomTom home offering map updates & subscriptions etc follow the links from that for other info.
    You can purchase maps & install all from TomTom home without leaving that interface.

Thanks, Koolkid, that's what I'm looking for. The only offers I've been getting so far are the annual subscription for €35 a year.

Hm.

Koolkid, that doesn't seem to work. I connected the device, which said "You currently have the latest map..." and so I cancelled out of that, and went to the list of maps.

It showed "United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland" listed as "Internal Memory" with no price or button beside it, and a bunch of European maps with prices.

Oh, wait, I see that it now says 'v860.3101' for the map, though App 8.351, when I click the device to see what's on it. Mysterious. Now all I need to do is drive around St Stephen's Green again and see if it still tries to send me up Kildare Street.

App 8351 is the software thats running on the device,

• Advertisement

When will the maps have their update when the motorways on them

Advertisement