Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite WRESTLING Moment Ever

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this before (at least when i searched anyways!)

So whats your favourite wrestling moment ever? The greatest moment in the history of the business as far as you are concerned, be it WWF/E, WCW, ECW, NJPW, etc etc?

Mine most likely would be Eddie Guerrero beating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This isnt my Favourite Wrestling moment per se, but one that made me go:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Eddie and Chris Benoit in the ring at Mania 20 with both belts and the pyro going off above them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

The Invasion for the most part was a failure. But there is one moment that I will always remember.

I was watching this with one of my firends and a cousin of mine, and the three of us went mental when Austins music hit and he cleaned house. This was a huge mark out moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Eddie and Chris Benoit in the ring at Mania 20 with both belts and the pyro going off above them.

confetti, i got covered in it :D

for me warrior squashing HHH at WM12 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Bret Hart beating Flair in 92 for his first wwf title...The start of 5 great years at the top for the excellance of execution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Kurt Angle beating Stone Cold for his second WWF title reign at Unforgiven in 2001. It was this feud that really established Angle in my mind as being a top wrestler, deserving a spot among the stone colds and rocks.

His reign only lasted a month, and he turned heel soon after. Which I think was a big mistake, as he was doing brilliantly as the straight as an arrow (slightly cheesy) american hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheNatureBoy

The day stone cold turned face when he wouldnt tap out to Bret Hart with blood streaming down his face!! Also the Hell in the Cell with the undertaker and mankind when he was chokeslammed through it onto the tacks,unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Mine is probably when Punk cashed in his money in the bank against Edge on Raw, Edge got so much heat and crows totally popped when Punk came out after the beat down Batista give Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Oh meant to say crowd not crows lols

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spmMQLetaIY#&t=5m30s

Such a well done angle and all completely PG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    I was watching this with one of my firends and a cousin of mine, and the three of us went mental when Austins music hit and he cleaned house. This was a huge mark out moment for me.
    I remember it well. He was playing pool and watching TV and then smashed the cue and went on a rampage.

I remember one of the Undertaker's earliest appearance at the Royal Rumble back in the early '90s. He was wearing black and purple back then and was just coming out through the curtain and making his way to the ring as slowly as only he could. Peter Perfect had been eliminated only a few minutes before and had to jump out of his way.

But my favourite memories go back to WCW on ITV and Sid Vicious beating up some poor wee fella for a couple of minutes each week. Then the paramedics would come out to collect him on a stretcher, but Sid would beat on him some more and probably hit him with the stretcher. One week the paramedics were Aaron Anderson and Ric Flair and the wee fella had to take another hammering from the three of them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

Austin's pop was always good for a few goosebumps :D

Also, can anyone remember taker turning face against Jake the snake all those years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

bladespin wrote: »
    Also, can anyone remember taker turning face against Jake the snake all those years ago?

Was that when his hand was trapped in the coffin and he just started dragging it behind him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cinder

too many to write. i suppose if i had to pick one it would be ecw reforming on raw in july 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bladespin wrote: »
    Austin's pop was always good for a few goosebumps :D

Jake: whose side are you on
    taker: NOT YOURS

classic wwf

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Undertaker v HBK at WM26. Being there live and being part of that atmosphere was something else altogether. Im hoping that WWE dont ruin the memory by having it as a rematch this year.

Others include-Edge winning his first title at New Years Revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Shawn Michaels making his return against HHH at SummerSlam 2002.

I was a huge Michaels fan all my life, like I even thought he was brilliant when he was heel. He's been the most innovative wrestler of the last 2 decades with the matches he's had and the angles he's pulled. Pure legend and his return proved that he always had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TGO

Well there are many many great moments (Austin bleeding in the sharpshooter WM13, Tyson knocking out HBK WM14, Austin joining with Vince against Rock WM17, Shane O Mac on Nitro, Rock V Hogan WM18 ) Shawn Michaels at WM12 flying down from the ceiling, putting on an unbelivable Ironman match with Bret Hart and winning his first WWF title, The image of him on his knees holding the belt, fantastic! "The boyhood dream has come true!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Nidot wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels making his return against HHH at SummerSlam 2002.

I was a huge Michaels fan all my life, like I even thought he was brilliant when he was heel. He's been the most innovative wrestler of the last 2 decades with the matches he's had and the angles he's pulled. Pure legend and his return proved that he always had it.

+1 that match was phenomenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

johnn wrote: »

Was just going to post this. T'was a great moment. I really enjoyed his return at Wrestlemania 20 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cannot find the youtube for it but the pop for Austin when he does the run in to help Foley win the title on Raw. The place almost literally explodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭the_justin

How about Ric Flair's 'retirement' send off on Raw the night after WM24 in Orlando? I was there front row for that show and it was very cool. After the show went off the air Vince McMahon came out and gave congrats to Flair and then Undertaker came out and did his little darkness ring pose thing which was just awesome to see. Not quite sure why they didn't show this stuff on TV (kayfabe?) but it was just very emotional when the entire roster came out and started cherring Flair on. Definately a moment I'll never forget (Apparently Flair has forgotten it already :D)

raw1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

the_justin wrote: »
    How about Ric Flair's 'retirement' send off on Raw the night after WM24 in Orlando? I was there front row for that show and it was very cool. After the show went off the air Vince McMahon came out and gave congrats to Flair and then Undertaker came out and did his little darkness ring pose thing which was just awesome to see. Not quite sure why they didn't show this stuff on TV (kayfabe?) but it was just very emotional when the entire roster came out and started cherring Flair on. Definately a moment I'll never forget (Apparently Flair has forgotten it already :D)

raw1.jpg

No, the Taker moment didn't air live, it happend after the show went off air. However, it did air on an extra on a WWE DVD in the States. Somebody uploaded it to YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

geemick wrote: »
    Cannot find the youtube for it but the pop for Austin when he does the run in to help Foley win the title on Raw. The place almost literally explodes.

Its truly an amazing moment isn't it? :)
    I can't get it on youtube but here it is on dailymotion.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ahk5_the-rock-vs-mankind-iii-wwe-raw_sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Nollaig_90

Edge cashing in the money in the bank the first time round to beat Cena (I really hate Cena) for the WWE championship after an elimantion chamber at New Years Revolution 2006.
    Edge's first world title after years of working up the ranks. And bringing in the age of the rated R superstar. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I have three that spring to mind straight off...the first Hell in a Cell between HBK and the Undertaker, Rob Van Dam v Jerry Lynn at Anarchy Rules or the 10 man tag match at In Your House in Calgary in 1997 between the Hart Foundation and the US wrestlers. The pop the Harts got that night was unbelievable.

Plus Mick Foley, Steve Austin would figure highly if I though this out and did a top 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pauric_g

Vince at the Royal Rumble 2005. Was watching last night's Rumble with a couple of mates and we had quite a laugh at that fond memory. I know it's wrong to laugh at a 60+ year old blowing out his kness but, the way he kept playing along while sitting on the mat was hilarious, what a pro!

Favourite ever match was Cactus Jack vs Triple H at the Royal Rumble 2000 in MSG. Great match, total bloodbath, both guys gave absolutely everything that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

No, the Taker moment didn't air live, it happend after the show went off air. However, it did air on an extra on a WWE DVD in the States. Somebody uploaded it to YouTube

6m into that video would be it for me. The Four Horsmen ride again. . ah memories . . .would bring a tear to the eye . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Not my favourite moment probably, but I probably marked out for this the first time. I even do now again at the pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK2MRWOZqlE

Advertisement