Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ship models?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Are Star Trek ship model kits still being sold? When I was a kid I used to have large models of the Enterprise D and a Klingon cruiser, but being a kid I wasn't the best at putting them together, and they've since been long lost. I'd love to have another go but a bit of search online doesn't really show any products for sale. Are they discontinued?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

marks models had a model Voyager last time I was in there (the one on Hawkins St in Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You can get most of them on the likes of ebay etc...the Bandai sets are a good way to start over again, as they are already painted & detailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230406238121

I found one of these in a model shop in temple bar (can never remember the name of the place) priced for €80.

Managed to haggle him down to €55 I think it was.

That was about a year ago and I still haven't put it together yet, heh. They usually have stuff like that in there though...

Got a sound and light Enterprise-E in there recently too for only €15.

This is Achilles posting btw... still haven't been reunited with my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

Forbidden Planet on the quays has a few models and used to do kits. I have 1:400 kits of All the Enterprises I got there a few years ago, and a larger model of the D.

Advertisement