Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article: The Secret Lives of Married Men

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

liah wrote: »
    Thread status: Derailed.

I'm probably going to get warned for backseat modding for this, but.. CDfm, I normally have a lot of respect for your input in tLL, but.. this thread isn't really about men vs. women in regards to legal rights and children. I found the topic really interesting and while I haven't put in any input I've been following the thread out of curiosity in regards to the kind of replies that would come in reference to the topic.

Any way we can get it back on topic?

HI Liah -its been a while.

I agree with you liah - it has gone hugely of topic and focused on a differnt issue and because of the content thats not being dealt with properly.

There is another thread on marriage and the law etc and if i find it i will post a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I don't know where to even start with this thread lads

Its gone so far from whatever topic it was discussing that I'm not sure what to be doing.

I'm going to lock it for the minute, simply because I don't have time right now to wade through and delete the OT-ness, and locking prevents any more stuff being added to already OT debates/arguments.

When I get a chance later on to fix things up, I'll re-open it and we can proceed from there.

This thread de-railing, i think anyway, has been rearing its head a lot recently. Really peoples, its not a good look. Can we try to keep things on the line, and not be letting our own personal bugbears or favourite topics seep into every thread.

cheers

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Ok

Better late than never I suppose!

I've just deleted up on 20 posts from what was a 4 page thread. Can we keep this one on topic as best we can. Specifically, this thread is for discussion based on the article that was posted OP. It is not, for getting into the nitty gritty of family/separation law. We have had numerous discussions around this, and there are threads on the topic. I'm totally aware of how things go on tangents, and topics veer about, so if things digress we can look at creating new threads and moving posts etc.

Cheers

MM

liah wrote: »
    Thread status: Derailed.

I found the topic really interesting and while I haven't put in any input I've been following the thread out of curiosity in regards to the kind of replies that would come in reference to the topic.

Any way we can get it back on topic?

So how true is the article then?

Is it wussed up or believeable?

CDfm wrote: »

There is another thread on marriage and the law etc and if i find it i will post a link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055694680&page=6

the elusive thread on marriage and the law -the absense of which derailed the thread.

there was another thread on equality that i will poost a link to if i can find it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055683351&page=16

• Advertisement
Advertisement