Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Fog Lights (for a change)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

ksimpson wrote: »
    I drove the M50 from Lucan to the M1 this evening and was really pi$$ed off by the number of drivers using rear fogs.

Yes there was fog, but visibility was easily above 300 meters. Driving in close moving traffic with rear fogs on is plain ignorant.

Driving the M50 isn't a pleasure at the best of times, but is compounded when you're behind someone with their rear fogs on when it's totally unnecessary.

What is it with Irish drivers a fog lights?
    I dothe same as another poster. I give them full head lights until they cop on. If I get the opportunity I overtake and then treat them to the same lesson. Result, 1 educted driver. works everytime. AFAIK it is an offence to have fog lights on when unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I hate the geniuses that install their combined side-light/brake-light bulb incorrectly so that the brake-light is always illuminated at 21w just making it just as bright as foglights. Then when they apply their brakes the side-light come on at on 5w and is invisible. Recipe for a rear-end shunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Have seen a fair few over the weekend.. but its really not that annoying.. Personally anyway..

Friend of mine has LED's on his Bimmer and when braking they are way more distracting than a rear fog...

Same with myself. Maybe I have weird eyes but only those mad LED brake lights and full beams annoy me.

Maybe at night time its different for somepeople but I still dont get annoyed about it. They are only fog lights. Too bright, have a bigger distance between you and the other car. At traffic lights of at a stop just put up with it and do what the rules of the road say about strong lights in your vision. Better safe then sorry :)

Its a really silly thing to get annoyed over when you see the amount of people without even parking lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stekelly wrote: »
    Manufacturers need to change light stalks.
    A better idea - when fog lights are switched on, the vehicle is automatically restricted to 20kph. If the fog is thick enough to warrant fog lights, it would be impossible to go any faster anyway. The retards who use them when unwarranted would soon switch them off.
    tmcw wrote: »
    This probably hits the nail on the head
    No it doesn't! Just because someone has met a patch of fog on a journey, it doesn't mean that the fogs have to stay on fot the rest of the trip.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Met a few muppets

- Those with no fog lights!
    They may have not had any. They are not a legal requirement and not all vehicles have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

I just give 'em my headlights! Coming out of Dublin last night in light fog and the amount of drivers that had their rear fogs on seriously made my blood boil. Any one who pulled in front of me with theirs on got my full headlight....and only one driver had the cop-on to turn his rear fog lights off.
    thats a great idea!! blind the driver in front of you so they are distracted from what they are doing and are more likely to cause an accident. i hate being stuck behind some fool who has a blinding fog light on too but blinding them back is not the answer. it it annoys you that much either pull in and let them on there way or overtake when its safe. IMO two wrongs dont make a right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Inappropriate use of the rear, or front foglights somewhat tests my patience too. The irony of it is that these dip sticks probably think they are being health and safety concious while the opposite is probably the case, seen as they may well be damaging the eyesight of the occupants in the vehicle behind.

I'm very convinced that the half of them on our roads are away in a world of their own. Among my other pet hates on the road are refusing to turn on lights or assuming those side light candles cover you when it is quite clearly dark (not intendend towards all Toyota drivers but quiet often it appears they are the biggest offenders of this). Don't get me started on roundabouts, haphazardly using any lane available in a pick and mix fashion and cutting into other lanes. Not indicating or more dangerously indicating incorrectly which appears to be going on quite a lot. Where did these people get their license's? Surely they can't all be on the cowboy license's. Ok, rant over for the day!

Advertisement