Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aggressive Golden retriever

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

leddpipe wrote: »
    I never said I had any pet!
    You no doubt, have links to studies to prove this?

I think your talking out your you know what!

If you are going to accuse people of talking crap and ask them for links to prove what they are saying, you could at least return the favour. I didn't say I had links to back me up, but I was able to produce them.
    This is the 4th time I have asked you to back up your statements and it seems you are incapable... so I really don't think I am the one talking out of my you-know-what.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Magenta wrote: »
    If you are going to accuse people of talking crap and ask them for links to prove what they are saying, you could at least return the favour. I didn't say I had links to back me up, but I was able to produce them.
    This is the 4th time I have asked you to back up your statements and it seems you are incapable... so I really don't think I am the one talking out of my you-know-what.

your hot when your righteous :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

And when I am not ignorant :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I never use this expression..but LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Hi OP

This happened to us. We had a golden for 10 years and after he passed away we were left with such a big void that we got a golden puppy from a breeder about 3 weeks later. Big mistake!

We coddled the puppy so much (probably because we missed our other dog) and the puppy grew up acting and believing it was the wolf pack leader so to speak. He dominated everything, sat on chairs, sat on people, growled and snarled aggressively and unfortunately bit two people.

I take full responsibility for it, i should have set boundaries. I had a trainer come once a week but it didn't do anything to stop his aggression. The vet said she had never seen anything like it but it might be a bad strain. But to be honest I think it was just my own fault. Eventually he bit my two year old nephew which required stitches. There was no resolve for this in the end as he ran out the front door when my mum was putting stuff in the bin, we think he ran out because he saw another dog across the road and unfortunately he was run over by a car.

I felt terrible and resolved to never get another dog. But 3 years passed and I adopted a dog from the pound. A labrador who is a total blessing.

I have seen a golden been walked in my area wearing a muzzle so its very possible to have an aggressive golden retriever. I hope your situation works out better than mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement