Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 3Mb to 5Mb?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello, I recently ordered a UPC package in Dublin of 3Mb broadband (Value pack) with digital+HD. Checked the UPC website and they no longer offer the 3Mb pack, its now 5Mb fibre power for same price.
    Anyone know if the 3Mb peeps will be upgraded to the 5Mb automatically or not?

Wouldn't surprise me if you had to give them money to do it the scabby c**ts.
    Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

just ring them and they will put it up for free, they did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

man i would but last time i rang them i realised why those kids go on rampages in schools and shopping centres.
    thanks though, i'll do that (after a stiff drink)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sirgandi wrote: »

Thanks all

You'll be surprised then.
    Thanks all.

There's also a link to do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

sirgandi wrote: »
    Hello, I recently ordered a UPC package in Dublin of 3Mb broadband (Value pack) with digital+HD. Checked the UPC website and they no longer offer the 3Mb pack, its now 5Mb fibre power for same price.
    Anyone know if the 3Mb peeps will be upgraded to the 5Mb automatically or not?

Thanks all

You will be upgraded automatically in March, if you want it done sooner fill out this form http://www.upc.ie/fasterbroadband.

However a lot of people are having problems after being upgraded not even getting the speeds they had before the upgrades have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764097

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    You will be upgraded automatically in March, if you want it done sooner fill out this form http://www.upc.ie/fasterbroadband.

However a lot of people are having problems after being upgraded not even getting the speeds they had before the upgrades have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764097

Thanks I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

how long has it taken for people who filled out the form to get the upgraded speeds??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

was done in a couple of days, however a lot of problems for a lot of people who upgraded, not even getting the speeds they were before the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

The-Game wrote: »
    how long has it taken for people who filled out the form to get the upgraded speeds??
    It took me no time to get upgraded from 20meg to 3.5 to 4meg or so.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ada4347

Should i get this..? 5mb i have vodafoene mobile connect.. im exiting it and getting UPC 5mb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

that's up to you, but dragging up a 6 month old thread to ask instead of starting a new one is generally considered bad form on forums. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ada4347

oh well excuse me.. shud i or not

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ada4347 wrote: »
    oh well excuse me.. shud i or not
    no, you shouldn't drag up old threads, but yes you should get UPC broadband if it's available to you.

Advertisement