Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** $10,000 Added Boylepoker Heads Up League 2010 ***

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

It's that time of year and Boylepoker have once again sponsored the Heads Up League. They've pushed the boat out in 2010 by adding $10,000 to the prizepool! It's bigger and better than last year, and the prizepool for the main competition will be over $21k once we reach our maximum.

I've been running an interest list over the last week and we're almost at capacity. At the moment, we're only a handful of places shy.

In order to reach maximum capacity, we need 20 players for each league. Everybody in the list is provisionally selected for the league in which they see their names. In order to complete their registration, each player must transfer the entry fee (determined by which league they are in) along with a refundable deposit, outlined below, into the holding account. This account will be activated within the next couple of days and we'll start getting funds transferred across.

REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT

This year, each player must include a refundable deposit of either $25 or $50 along with their entry fee. This is as a result of players taking up places in the league, and then deciding not to play. This causes havoc with the fixtures and some unrest among other league members. Not to mention that their places in the league would have been snapped up by another willing boardsie so the knock on effect is twofold. There is more about the deposit below.

Rules, Regulations, Terms and Conditions

The entry fee to each league is below. This amount MUST be transferred to a special Boards HU holding account on Boylepoker before any games take place. This account will be confirmed over the next couple days.

Serie A - This will be a $300 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $20
    Serie B - This will be a $170 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $10
    Serie C - This will be a $110 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $5
    Serie D - This will be a $60 buyin and there is no minimum per game.

I also need each player to post or PM me with their Boylepoker username so we can get player to player activated on your account. Anyone who took part last year, need not PM or post screen name because I already have it. Once money is transferred, it is non-refundable should you not be able to complete your fixtures. Users that arent currently signed up with Boylepoker.com can do so by downloading through this link.

http://www.boylesports.com/poker/index.asp?

League Rules..

Where this changes from last year, is that each league will be split into 2 groups of 10. They will play each other once, and the players that finish 1st/2nd in their groups will battle it out against each other in a knockout for the league prizemoney.

Players will be put in a hat and randomly drawn to determine which league they will compete in. I will do this draw on webcam when we have all the entries sorted. e.g Serie A1 and Serie A2 have 10 players each. In Serie A1 Suilen/Digiman finish 1st/2nd and in Serie A2 BigCityBanker/dougee19 finish 1st/2nd. Sulien plays Dougee and Digi plays BCB. The 2 winners will then play each other for 1st/2nd and the 2 losers will play each other for 3rd/4th. If the players agree, the 3rd/4th place players can split the prizemoney between them rather than play it out.

As far as playing the matches go, each player will play 9 best of 3 headsup games exclusively on Boylepoker with the winner being awarded 2 points and the loser 0. The more points you get, the higher up the ladder you finish. All games are preset as NLH, but should you wish to play any other poker variant, then that's perfectly fine once both players agree.

Boylepoker have password protected tables setup for the league, so there shouldn't be a problem organising matches. We will be getting some smaller stakes HU tables and some Omaha tables also setup.

privatetableshu.jpg

The league will be in 3 stages...Any player that fails to complete any of the stages below, will forfeit half of his refundable deposit. Should they fail to complete 2 or more stages, they will forfeit the whole deposit. I feel this is necessary in order for people to make an effort to complete all their games, and make it a fair competition for everyone.

Each player may play their 1st 4 fixtures in any order, at any time but they must be complete over a 4 week period.

Once the above is comlete, the 2nd stage of games will commence.

Each player may then play their 5th to 8th fixtures in any order, at any time but they must be complete over a 4 week period.

This will then leave everyone with 1 game to play, and the timeframe for that game will be determined when that time comes.

A fixture list will be announced once reg is closed and all games will be numbered 1-10 making it easy to determine which games must be played first. If you played any of your games out of order, they will be classed as null and void.

Every player that reg's must make every effort to complete all his/her games. Walkovers can and will be given against players that fail to fulfill their fixtures or make little or no effort to complete them.

If players are tied on points come the end of the season, placings will be decided on the result of the HU match between those 2 players. If 3 or more players are tied and HU matches cannot determine a winner, then play-off matches will occur.

Boylepoker have created private Boards.ie HU tables at every level for use during this league. They will be password protected and each person will receive the password once reg begins.

The $1,000 Added Boylepoker Cup

This year will also see an FA CUP style knockout competition for anyone that wishes to enter. It will run concurrent with the league. Cost of entry will be $15 and should be paid at the same time you register for the league.

All league members will receive a bye into the 2nd round. The first round will be open to any boards.ie member regardless of whether they participate in the league or not. Boylepoker are adding $1,000 to the prizefund for this. We will wait to see how many numbers we have but we will either be paying 4 or 8 players depending.

More details of this will be released a bit closer to the time

We've accounted for $9.5k but we still have $500 left.

The winners of each league, and the winner of the cup will battle it out in a 5 handed SnG for $380. The winner will receive $240 and the runner up will receive $140. More details of this game will be announced once the time gets closer.

The final $120 added by Boylepoker will be awarded as "Golden Games"

I will randomly draw 1 game from each league (4 games in total) and this game will be classed as a "Golden Game". The winner of this HU game, will receive a bonus of $30 so keep an eye on which game in your league is selected as the golden game.

The breakdown of the prize money is as follows..

huleage2010.jpg

The players that are pre-registered so far, are as follows..

Serie A - $300
    suilen
    Digiman
    jackyback
    dougee19
    dannydiamond
    TripleAce
    TommyGunne
    nicnicnic
    HiCloy
    smoothcall
    DrJFF
    Daithio
    phantom_lord
    NorwichFanRob
    [nicK]
    doke
    PokerNit
    Tony Montana
    dagunman
    MartySmyth

Serie B - $170
    Flushdraw
    El Stuntman
    White Knight
    strewelpeter
    DeadParrot
    afex
    sickpuppy
    FeetMagic
    ollyk1
    shano_88
    one ill cat
    EnzoScifo10
    Chucky the tree
    connie147
    gkenny
    jbravado
    bohsman
    Tight Ted
    Glowingmind
    thenutpeddler

Serie C - $110
    jack90210
    aya14
    jaysoose
    ghostface ste
    max_power
    DAMO72
    peteypop
    Wolves
    davidgti
    tipp86
    ionapaul
    BOBBB
    Lao Lao
    Breifne

tylerdurden94
    Imposter

Grafter
    dvdfan

Serie D - $60
    northwestguy27
    emmet02
    dangerousdavid
    jimi_t
    Wreck
    premierstone
    zuroph
    gorrrr72
    Whyno
    fowlerDgrowler
    Conbro
    LTL
    bannanababy14
    fatguy
    spectre
    raheny red
    ADMMM
    Moneymaker
    slavetothegrind
    Gillybean72

At the moment we are full but keep applying to be on the reserve list..

If new posters want a place in the league, they need to apply for a league that is open, but they may also put down that they want to be a reserve for a higher league, so if someone drops out, they will be moved up.

From past experience, we'll have 4-5 drop outs so places will need to be filled.

I will continue to have a reserve list once the league is full. Preference for league places will be given to players already reg'd but if any openings appear, then everyone on the reserve will will be considered.

I'll leave it at that for now. I'll try to answer any questions you may have, because I'm sure I left something out.

What i need at the moment from each player is..
    • A commitment to play in whatever league you are put in
    • A PM or post with your Boylepoker username in order to activate player to player transfer and to help get leagues setup.
    • The transfer of funds once the holding account is setup

Hope everyone has fun and i'd like to thank Ciaran Corbett and Boylepoker for the use of their site and the $10k added :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

There are 3 holding accounts, one in euro, one in dollars and one in sterling so make sure you transfer to whichever currency is the same as your account. These accounts have been setup by Ciaran and i'll PM everyone in the list with the details. If i dont hear anything from anyone in 5 days, i'll pressume you are now longer interested and i'll start using the reserve list.

Depending on whether you want to play the league only or the league and the cup, the below are the totals to be transferred across. I haven't included sterling in the conversion rate so just pop me off a PM if your account is in sterling.

humoney.jpg

You must transfer the refundable deposit to confirm entry into the league. I've included 2 totals. Anyone that wishes to partake in the Boylepoker HU cup, should include the entry fee at the time of transfer. This is a $15 (€11) entry fee with $1k added and will run alongside the league. Should you enroll at the same time you register for the HU league, you will automatically get a bye through to round 2. If you register for the Cup at a later date, you will have to play the 1st round.

In order to speed things up, you can PM Ciaran Corbett directly and he'll be able to setup your account. I wont PM everyone back, but myself or Ciaran will acknowledge once you're account is activated.

Reserve List

Serie A
    jackyback (in for BCB)
    BallymoreChris

Serie B
    Vamos

Serie C
    SIDESHOW BOBs
    2 spots possibly available

Serie D

Scrumpy Jack
    Burkelad
    Hitchhiker's Guide to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I would like to throw my hat in the ring for this, been saying for awhile now that i gotta get to playing online so this seems like the incentive to do it.

Serie C please Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Heads up is 7 players too few for me, but I'll donate to C (but am cool about stepping aside if someone else wants it more)

nick is grafter42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Ill play in C aswell if theres a place left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Stick us in C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Scrumpy Jack

I'll put my name down for D please? I was not in last years but I was in the previous years. If I can get my old account back I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

So im finally gonna put some cash online, nothing major but a little something to get me started.

Any help or info lads would be great, bonuses and all that crap. PM or just put it up here whatever is easier, cheers :)

Its Boyle Poker so anything info related to it would be sweet. Also now i gotta come up with some new online name any ideas just throw them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Well played Tony and well played Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

hmmm ... this is me being a bit of a pussy but could i drop out of B and down to the reserve for D?

Need to acknowledge a slightly more realistic view of my actual abilities which are poor to non-existant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

hmmm ... this is me being a bit of a pussy but could i drop out of B and down to the reserve for D?

Need to acknowledge a slightly more realistic view of my actual abilities which are poor to non-existant :)

Speechplay if ever i heard it!

We'll be watching you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A please Tony, thought i had already posted in earlier thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Burkelad

Can I join in Serie D???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

Can I be put on the reserve list. Prefferably for league B.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BallymoreChris

would like to play this. A if possible.
    Chris Dowling

I'll put my name down for D please? I was not in last years but I was in the previous years. If I can get my old account back I'll PM you.

Got your PM...Reserve list for everyone from here on in.
    So im finally gonna put some cash online, nothing major but a little something to get me started.

Any help or info lads would be great, bonuses and all that crap. PM or just put it up here whatever is easier, cheers :)

Its Boyle Poker so anything info related to it would be sweet. Also now i gotta come up with some new online name any ideas just throw them out.

Talk to Ciaran Danny.

So is this a defo? If you want out, no probs.
    A please Tony, thought i had already posted in earlier thread.

Hi Fran. Has to be the reserve list mate but i reckon you'll get in.
    Burkelad wrote: »
    Can I join in Serie D???

Reserve list updated
    Vamos wrote: »
    Can I be put on the reserve list. Prefferably for league B.

Done
    would like to play this. A if possible.
    Chris Dowling

Hi Chris. I don't normally take new boards accounts for the HU league, but i've no problem vouching for you. Have to put you on the reserve list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Tony - il have to withdraw - just figured that i am almost never going to be free as the next 10 or so weeks will be consumed by the Irish Open.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    So is this a defo? If you want out, no probs.

Yep - D if possible, but i'd just be throwing money away on B and if you don't mind will drop out of that category. Had a temporary brainfart when i signed up and forgot was meant to be responsible with my money this year.

Can this be thrown up on 'the other place' as well given that a lot of people have made the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I contacted Boyle and got my account enabled for player to player transfer - as soon as I receive PM I will transfer 350$. I will be travelling from 1st to 15th of February but can play all games pretty intensively before and after those dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

PM me with any player to player requests and I'll get them sorted ASAP

Tony - il have to withdraw - just figured that i am almost never going to be free as the next 10 or so weeks will be consumed by the Irish Open.

No probs Noel. I'm preparing myself for the onslought of FML from your felow Serie A players!
    Yep - D if possible, but i'd just be throwing money away on B and if you don't mind will drop out of that category. Had a temporary brainfart when i signed up and forgot was meant to be responsible with my money this year.

No probs. Posts updated

TripleAce wrote: »
    I contacted Boyle and got my account enabled for player to player transfer - as soon as I receive PM I will transfer 350$. I will be travelling from 1st to 15th of February but can play all games pretty intensively before and after those dates.

Will be sending out PMs this afternoon/evening with all the details

Can this be thrown up on 'the other place' as well given that a lot of people have made the switch?

Yeah will do, but it's going to be difficult. For the purpose of the league, i'll have to do 99% of my daily checks and updates on boards. All organisation of games, posting of results etc will have to be done here but feel free to chat about it all over there.

Rock and a hard place...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

No probs Noel. I'm preparing myself for the onslought of FML from your felow Serie A players!

No probs. Posts updated

Surely I should have been 1st on the reserve list for Serie B?

bohsman2 wrote: »
    Surely I should have been 1st on the reserve list for Serie B?

I have about million posts across a couple of threads Oscar. I didn't realise you were looking for A. Put you in instead of Jackyback so he can take your spot in B for the time being if he wants.

I'll update the earlier post later. I'm off out the door now.

edit..i see you said B...will stick you in when i get back..sry for the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Yeah will do, but it's going to be difficult. For the purpose of the league, i'll have to do 99% of my daily checks and updates on boards. All organisation of games, posting of results etc will have to be done here but feel free to chat about it all over there.

Rock and a hard place...

Hi Tony, I'm not in the league but why does it have to be posted here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I have about million posts across a couple of threads Oscar. I didn't realise you were looking for A. Put you in instead of Jackyback so he can take your spot in B for the time being if he wants.

I'll update the earlier post later. I'm off out the door now.

edit..i see you said B...will stick you in when i get back..sry for the confusion

Cheers Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

When do funds have to be transfered tony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kakak1 wrote: »
    Hi Tony, I'm not in the league but why does it have to be posted here
    I suppose it's up to Boyles in choosing where the league is based. I suppose if Irish Poker Boards takes off and the majority of the community moves there instead, the league will move over, if not officially then definitely in an organic fashion with crossposts going to both forums with ones here being ignored.

Advertisement