Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies using the Gents

Options
  • 24-01-2010 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

A funny thing happened on the way back from the North today. I pulled in for petrol outside Drogheda and went to the Gents to take a wiz.

It had women in it. Brazen as you like there being a queue or whatever in their facilities they took over. I wouldnt mind but they werent even using the urinal but standing around in a very nonchalant way.Very french sez you.

Now -if I getting caught short used the ladies or barged thru the dressing rooms in a Ladies Boutique what reaction would I get.

Whats off limits that were not so before.,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

CDfm wrote: »
    A funny thing happened on the way back from the North today. I pulled in for petrol outside Drogheda and went to the Gents to take a wiz.

It had women in it. Brazen as you like there being a queue or whatever in their facilities they took over. I wouldnt mind but they werent even using the urinal but standing around in a very nonchalant way.Very french sez you.

Now -if I getting caught short used the ladies or barged thru the dressing rooms in a Ladies Boutique what reaction would I get.

If it was the other way around, bloody murder would be screamed and the gards would prob be called (in a pub anyway).

That kinda thing is always happening in nightclubs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well if you where using the ladies when the gents was empty then yes, that would be odd. But if the gents was full (has this ever happened?) you could use the ladies if there was no one in there.

Personally, I've never been in a situation where the gents was full with a queue and the ladies was empty. I have observed situations (airports for example) where the ladies is full and nobody is in the gents though.

Personally, I use the disabled toilets if available. They get way less foot traffic, it's like a little apartment in there and I don't think I've ever seen a disabled person use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

L31mr0d wrote: »
    .... it's like a little apartment in there. . .

brilliant

Personally, I use the disabled toilets if available. They get way less foot traffic, it's like a little apartment in there and I don't think I've ever seen a disabled person use them.

This upsets me greatly. :mad:
    Toilets can seriously impact the quality of life a wheelchair user has.
    These bathrooms need to be pristine condition for safety reasons, if everyone took your view they would be unusable for the people who actually need them.
    What is more, Wheelchair users often have problems with their bladder.
    For someone in that position to have to wait and possibly have an accident, because of the pure ignorance of an able bodied person.
    It is just plain nasty.

And euuwww! I'd never use a jacks.
    Boy smells!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

deccurley wrote: »
    If it was the other way around, bloody murder would be screamed and the gards would prob be called (in a pub anyway).

That kinda thing is always happening in nightclubs

It was like they were having an ICA Womens conference and a dont mind us look.

Anyway I digress.
    it's like a little apartment in there and I don't think I've ever seen a disabled person use them.
    brilliant

Theres a budding Estate Agent or has he already moved in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I do enjoy the size and comfort the disabled toilets afford too. Always well kept and stocked up. Handy bars to hang onto for stability if a bit tipsy or just needing a bit of extra purchase. Use them as often as necessary and available.

Don't mind women in the mens' jacks but I did see a girl pissing into a urinal while standing up. It was in Sin e and was very impressive to see.

humberklog wrote: »

Don't mind women in the mens jacks but I did see a girl pissing into a urinal while standing up. It was in Sin e and was very impressive to see.

Im wating for some poster to admit it was her:p

Im wating for some poster to admit it was her:p

Got me wondering now CD.

But if there was more of that going on then I'd be more than happy to have more shared toilets. There's a few of them around now. Or at least they weren't demarked enough that I noticed it was male and female sections.

Another funny one was a friend of mine held his dog up to piss in the jacks in a pub. But when the dog was nearly finished it must have been in a little discomfort and bit the chaps hand. My mate jumped in pain and shock and dropped the dog into the bowl!!! Nearly beats the girl slashing standing up.

dropped the dog into the bowl

LMAO :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

:eek:

HELICOPTER!! That'll learn her! or else just show her the beans :eek:

• Advertisement

My only reason for starting the thread was to know the correct ettiquette to use in these situations.

thanks tommy

(Considers username change to Mickey Galore)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Correct procedure would be to swagger up to the urinal, give them a wink. Piss like a racehorse, making to to fart long and loud. Shaking your leg to get a good note.

Extra points if you've been on the guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Procedure:

Arrive at mens toilet to find queue of women out the door
    Ignore queue and proceed to main toilet entrance.
    Turn, smile and wink at the woman closest to the entrance door and say...this won't take long, I'll be with you lovely ladies in a minute.

Close door from the inside, turn and address remaining (now scared looking) women inside the toilet with the following:

Good morning ladies, sorry I am a bit late. You are all most welcome to this mornings' annonymous sperm doner clinic...we can do this the traditional way, or I do have this here cigar holder which should act similarly to a test tube...now, who was here first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Fcuk it,any woman brave enough to chance the mens toilets in a petrol station deserves to be applauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Moonbaby wrote: »
    This upsets me greatly. :mad:

Fcuk it,any woman brave enough to chance the mens toilets in a petrol station deserves to be applauded.

This is TGC not TLL :mad:

Its more common than you think L31mr0d has moved into a disabled toilet too.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

One of my favourite haunts has a unisex toilet and I really like it. There are no urinals just cubicles. The overheard conversation are always a giggle especially from strangers to the club who haven't yet discovered that the toilets are shared. Most fun is when I insist at having room infornt of the mirror and elbow my way in past the female preeners so I can have my turn.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Can't not link to this :D

I personally wouldn't go into a gents. But some places have unisex, and some places actually have a single room for ladies, and single room for gents, both of which are disabled access, so everyone has to use them because they're the only ones.

when my daughter was young they wereva godsend because of the accessability and as a single guy with kids mighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Actually CD that's a very valid point, women can bring their kids (girls or boys) into the female toilets, whereas to bring a girl into the gents... well if it was just cubicles it wouldn't be bad, but given it's not, it makes things very awkward for dads out with their kids.

Even for nappychanging facilities, some places still only have this in the womens toilets. Although some disabled toilets have this in there so that men & women can use it.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    One of my favourite haunts has a unisex toilet and I really like it. ................ Most fun is when I insist at having room infornt of the mirror and elbow my way in past the female preeners so I can have my turn.

LOL .Must try that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I was once in the ladys in a pub i frequent none of the girls mindedm i sat bye the sink chating to them.... then a bar lady came in and said that i should leave but, i got the number of the girl i went in after :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Don't mind women in the mens' jacks but I did see a girl pissing into a urinal while standing up. It was in Sin e and was very impressive to see.

If it was Sin e she may not always have been a girl and may have made a mistake from force of habit.

I was once in the ladys in a pub i frequent none of the girls mindedm i sat bye the sink chating to them.... then a bar lady came in and said that i should leave but, i got the number of the girl i went in after :cool:

Snowie ya tart
    nipplenuts wrote: »
    If it was Sin e she may not always have been a girl and may have made a mistake from force of habit.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

LOL .Must try that :p
    I have a lot of facial hair to groom. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Snowie ya tart

:eek::eek::eek:

I like to think i showed dareingness :cool:

nipplenuts wrote: »

She was all woman. Very beautiful too.

It has been on occassion a bit tricky when my daughter was a little younger too. Did the whole shielding the eyes like blinkers on a horse while frog-marching her to the exit bit. Much moreso for the awkward position you're putting the bloke in. Thankfully she's 6 now...and she likes to use the disabled loos too. Good on her.

I like to think i showed dareingness :cool:
    #

Herself is just watching Project Runway -is it the voting or the bitchiness that I like the best. So ya were told Snowie you're out and did the walk of shame. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

This annoys me greatly, but the only time I've seen it is when the queue for the gents was shorter than the queue for the ladies, but there were still two queues.
    The only real problem I have is that a guy going into the ladies would get no-end of grief, so if that's the way it is then stick to yours and I'll stick to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's illegal for a man to be in the ladies toilets where as the reverse is not illegal.
    Again victorian laws as a 'lady' would never do that and that way if you were in the gents you were not respectable and the men got to not have what ever 'fun' they wanted in there distrubed.

As for unisex toilets in this country as long as they have clearly designated male and female areas they get away with it. The toilets in the church manages this, and does have a sign directing ladies to one side and gents to the other.

CDFM if I had of been you I would have asked them to leave and if they refused said it to the station attendant and asked for a contact number for the owner.
    Seriously you are entitled to have a piss in peace.

Advertisement