Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blind Side

Options
  • 23-01-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the movie The Blind Side its based on the life of Michael Oher of the Baltimore Ravens, I found it to be surprisingly good and a particularly heart warming story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Make sure to watch by yourself with tissues:O

• Registered Users Posts: 15,190 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Make sure to watch by yourself with tissues:O

This.

The book is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I watched it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Sandra bullock will get an Oscar nomination for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Watched it a few days back and really enjoyed it. Sandra Bullock was excellent and the guy who played Oher was very good as well. Very little was changed from the book which is great to see.

Looks like it will be coming to cinemas here shortly with a 12th march release date which is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Saw it online, excellent movie really enjoyed it. Will defo go see it in the cinema when it comes out here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

On my list of films to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sandra bullock will get an Oscar nomination for that.
    Man, that must be an impressive movie; the closest Sandra Bullock's ever been to an Oscar before, was an appearance on sesame street. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

personally i taught this was a brilliant film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

just finished watching it...one of the most moving films i have ever seen! sandra bullock was amazing in it (i know shock horror! :p) as was the kid who played Oher himself (as was said above)...

im actually still kinda speechless after it and i deffo cant wait for it to come out here on the big screen so i can go and see what size Michael Oher really is lol...laptop screen doesnt do him justice ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 seanin98

A savage read and much more than just a football book.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seanin98

cheers me man ... new to this craic but i'm a fast learner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

seanin98 wrote: »
    A savage read and much more than just a football book.
    Merged with earlier thread. ;)

I cried at this movie and during reading the book does that make me any less the man I am :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I cried at this movie and during reading the book does that make me any less the man I am :p

No.

But your vagina does make you less of a man.

Archimedes wrote: »
    No.

But your vagina does make you less of a man.

Touche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Just after watching it in the cinema.
    It's alright, lays on the schmaltz a bit though.
    Not as gritty or hard hitting as I would have liked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just back from the cinema after seeing this. I went to see Kick Ass actually but the girlfriend persuaded me at the last minute to go and see The Blindside and she was right!! Brilliant movie, 9/10 just a tad too long but definately worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Not a bad movie and Bullock probably deserved her oscar for it.

Would've liked to see the story more from his side about how he made it rather than how he was saved.........but that's jst personal opinion I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

But it was about him being saved :pac:

Advertisement