Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to boards.ie

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

During the downtime of the forum, I felt Ireland needs another proper big forum like boards as an alternative. This is really our only option for a big forum. It would have been nice if we had somewhere else to go while things were being fixed. Just say, boards.ie went out of business tomorrow, where would everyone go? There's no real alternative in Ireland.

Obviously there's billions other forums on the internet. But you know what I mean. No? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If Boards went out of business tomorrow, people would be so devastated that they wouldn't even dream of looking for another forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://twitter.com/boards_ie/status/8029180563

They don't hold a candle to here though, imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Here's an alterative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Why not just have a secondary boards on another server, same usernames as here, for posting in emergencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Speaking of, does anyone know what the biggest public forum is in England? Going over to Nottingham and what some advice on pubs and clubs and what not and I think a local forum would be the best place to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

omahaid wrote: »

In fairness, its probably boards biggest rival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Speaking of, does anyone know what the biggest public forum is in England? Going over to Nottingham and what some advice on pubs and clubs and what not and I think a local forum would be the best place to ask.
    The biggest is digitalspy.com; but it doesn't really have the same community feel boards does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You could try Faceboards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

DigitalSpy is one. I registered on it years ago but for some reason it wouldn't let me post. Maybe it's 'cos I'm not from uk. You could give it a go.

Imagine though if it did disappear overnight. There are people I'd miss that I have a craic with here. I'd miss them:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My friend constantly raves about Football365 but I've never been on it myself and they have very a strict registration policy. Have you tried that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Ann22 wrote: »
    Imagine though if it did disappear overnight. There are people I'd miss that I have a craic with here. I'd miss them:(.

One advantage of joining twitter I suppose is you can keep in contact with others than you know from broads and who are members there.

I have posted here in AH that I would never join twitter and what did I do...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,864 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Usenet: ie.general

Saibh wrote: »
    One advantage of joining twitter I suppose is you can keep in contact with others than you know from broads and who are members there.

I have posted here in AH that I would never join twitter and what did I do...

I joined Twitter when it started up first but I didn't get the hang of it. When Boards went down the other night I went into it and there were a few on. I tried posting a comment to Thaedyal but don't know if I did it right. I don't know what all the lingo means like 'tweeting' but I suppose I would perservere in getting into it if this place was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Stormfront.org is another good one :pac:

If you're a Nazi

• Advertisement

jd007 wrote: »

Lots of familiar names on there. Might be an option in case of emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

politics.ie wouldnt let me register. /CT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

Real life? But then we all know that sucks after the whole hack debacle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

bloody hell, it was only for a day. if you were struggling without boards, you really have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

If you're a Nazi

I was waiting for somebody to post something on stormfront, if not a link. Bunch of loony nazis!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

aDeener wrote: »
    bloody hell, it was only for a day. if you were struggling without boards, you really have issues

Think this thread is more if boards was to disappear altogether (hopefully it will never), what other forums are available to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are many boards subforum spinoff sites. There's even one in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Well I'd say the people from AH would go to 4chan :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you're a Nazi

Can't access it from Germany oddly enough...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement