Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books narrated in the first person

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Try reading something written in the first person present tense.

Utterly maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Dean Koontz does this quite well in the Odd Thomas cycle and Life Expectancy. He plays around with the presentation too, often acknowledging his writing style being deliberately light in tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Some of Jonathan Kellerman's books are in first person - it's really annoying, i don't really like it. I've read a few of the Alex Delaware thrillers and they were all in first person. The story lines are good but it's really annoying!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Written on the Body' by Jeanette Winterson. I enjoyed it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It must be 15 years or more years since I read it (and of course going rooting for it just now was to no avail), but from what I recall it is a present tense narration. Quite unlike 'Oranges' or any of her others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Lolita -Nabakov
    The Stranger - Camus
    The Sound and the Fury -Faulkner

Advertisement