Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cad Maps.

Options
  • 20-01-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a CAD map of Cork city or as much of it as possible. It's for my final year college project (I need to make a large scale model of an area) I don't need it for commercial purposes (otherwise I'd buy it). Does anyone know where I could get my hands on it for free?

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You won't get it for free too easily.
    OSi have most of ireland in vector format but its not cheap.
    You might get lucky if a engineering or architects practise have done some work in the area. They would have a cad file that may be large enough. But they might not just hand it out, commercial or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pedantic.pat

I would try Cork City Council mapping section (if there is one). I got a digital version of a vector map off the mapping section in Dublin City Council who were very helpful for my thesis. It was free.. You will have to sign a disclaimer to declare you will not be using it for commercial purposes. Best of Luck !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I would try Cork City Council mapping section (if there is one). I got a digital version of a vector map off the mapping section in Dublin City Council who were very helpful for my thesis. It was free.. You will have to sign a disclaimer to declare you will not be using it for commercial purposes. Best of Luck !!!
    Thanks Pat, I think I should be ok with a complete vector map of the city now ;-) I'm having trouble getting a contour map though. I guess with the road levels I can guesstimate the contours, it'll just be a bit of extra work, and with Boards back now I dunno how much work I'll be able to do :-0

Advertisement