Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers Walter thought you would like that pick was glad i was in front of you in this round as was sure he be on your list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

campo wrote: »
    Cheers Walter thought you would like that pick was glad i was in front of you in this round as was sure he be on your list

Ah yeah he was definitely on my list for this round for sure... Liked the idea of him and Buddy Rogers forming an anti-hardcore stable with one or 2 others but ah well :P

I plan to use him with DX i always thought he would make a great member

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

about time Severn got picked!

he was my top choice 2 rounds ago until the stip got added a really great pick at this stage imo.

also had Molly Holly in mind earlier but that was as part of a tag team with Gail Kim and once Gail was gone so was my interest despite her being a great female wrestler as are Bull Nakano and Dump Matsumoto who i gotta say at this stage are one of the best value picks so far afaic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

A few of my picks are gone in this round too, we'll have to wait and C who Gerard.C is going to choose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made.

Waits to hear " Sorry FR someone already picked him"

He can really take a ladder to the face FR.
    Good potential on your roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Round 13 Draw so far:

1. Vince135792003
    2. campo
    3. Spongey1975
    4. SlickRic
    5. Furious-Red

6. flahavaj
    7. Mr Nice Guy
    8. waltersobchak
    9. glenjamin
    10. Bubs101

I PM'd flah to remind him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Cheers for the PM D2D, pick made.

I've watched round after round after round pass, yet no one has picked "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko. A bone fide legend, I couldn't leave him on the sideline any longer. Fits like a glove on my old-school roster too. Very happy to have gotten him. Have a look at the vids I posted lads, classic stuff right there.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Cheers for the PM D2D, pick made.

I've watched round after round after round pass, yet no one has picked "The Living Legend" Larry Zbyszko. A bone fide legend, I couldn't leave him on the sideline any longer. Fits like a glove on my old-school roster too. Very happy to have gotten him. Have a look at the vids I posted lads, classic stuff right there.

Zbyszko's a legend no doubt about it. Any man that's a protege of Bruno Sammartino must be special, was shocked no-one had gone for him till now tbh, would have snapped him up myself ages ago except he doesnt fit in my roster,plus he'll look great in the auld pub with his woolie jumpers:pac:

• Advertisement

Just wondering since i didnt get a chance to put up a write up after my Chris Harris any chance i could do 2 write ups before my next pick. If not its cool ill do the usual 1

Just wondering since i didnt get a chance to put up a write up after my Chris Harris any chance i could do 2 write ups before my next pick. If not its cool ill do the usual 1

I think you can do as many as you like, mate. I'll be doing more than one per round I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Zbyszko vs. Dragon Kid would be epic. Just imagine Kid flying all over the place while Zbyszko does nothing but stall.:D TNA's best ever authority figure too if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made. I hope he hasn't been picked before. The thread search didn't show up anything anyway.

Don't worry too much about that. The stips for the Evaluation thread are really just to ensure it doesn't become a train wreck of a thread, but everyone has embraced it in the right spirit.

No one's going to be punished for going over the write-up limit. If you enjoy the writing work away!

Some great picks this late in the game

Fabulous Ones a great pick at this stage.

Cheers Flah, its pretty obvious choice for me to have from a PPV booking standpoint to be honest, with The RnR Expess and The Fabulous Ones its a natural fued.

EDIT: newest show is up, seems a logical fit to have The Fabulous Express :)

Walter your show may have taken over from MNG as my favorite be a tough call for my points

Walter I like your write-ups because not only are you booking your talent sensibly and well you're also showing a good understanding of the guys you have chosen and their history. Stuff like using Kishen Liger and referencing the fact that the Rock n' Roll Express were based on the Fabulous Ones' gimmick show you're not just booking people you think other people will like, but you've actually seen them wrestle and appreciate how to use them best.(which I honestly can't say about everyone else's rosters tbh). Good stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont think i can compete to the write-ups done by some but ill be happy just to produce a logical build up to my PPV while each week putting up a full show people would watch. I know everyone isnt doing the write-ups but i hope everyone does a PPV as iirc last year someone didnt and could not be votted on. After all the time spent drafting these guys for your rosters they should really be showcased at the end

• Advertisement

dont think i can compete to the write-ups done by some but ill be happy just to produce a logical build up to my PPV while each week putting up a full show people would watch. I know everyone isnt doing the write-ups but i hope everyone does a PPV as iirc last year someone didnt and could not be votted on. After all the time spent drafting these guys for your rosters they should really be showcased at the end

I enjoy your write ups Bh and I'm sorry for dismissing Villa on the SF.:P

Cheers for the kind words lads, Just doing the best i can with the guys i've got tbh, I was afraid at the mid point that id made a huge mistake by going for great "wrestlers" rather than great "superstars" and that id struggle against certain big time rosters.. So to quote Paul Heyman Im "Hiding the Negatives, and Extenuating the Positives":pac:

Please have Chavo throw Hornswoggle off the top off the Cell in a HiTC Match.. PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

He's going through a table at the very least I assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didnt think anyone would pick little Hornie fair play Glen ;)

New write up is done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didnt think anyone would pick little Hornie fair play Glen ;)
    I was disgusted at his feud with Chavo late last year and thought it was time for revenge.

I think I might even go as far as having Hornswoggle leave in an ambulance with some limbs and dignity missing. It's only fair afterall.

Nice show FR yourmain event for the PPV is strong but i would say you need a GM on your show but thats just me

campo wrote: »
    Nice show FR yourmain event for the PPV is strong but i would say you need a GM on your show but thats just me

Yea i kinda forgot about Terri this week cause i did it too quick

• Advertisement

Forgot you had terri my bad

Advertisement