Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liffey Descent

• 18-01-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I would like to do the liffey descent this year (Sept 2010). Does anyone know if you need some kind of certification before you take part, or can you just apply to participate, and if so how do u apply?

Ideally I'd like to compete in a canadian canoe, but I can't find any courses for canadian canoes. I have no certification but I've been sea kayaking for a few years so I understand the basics, but would like to do a course in canadians.

I have emailed the Irish Canoe Union several times, but they haven't replied.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

You are supposed to have a Level 3 proficiency before competing, or have compeated in a number of qualifying races. who are you tring to contact in the ICU? the would normally be good at getting back to people. Contact details are here

Wild Water Kayak Club (www.wwkc.net) have a Canadian section within the club and do courses every so often.

Advertisement