Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tea!

Options
  • 16-01-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

I am a firm believer that there is very little that a good cup of tea can't fix.
    (Momentarily of course!) It always makes me feel better! Even better is when somone makes you a cup of tea, better yet when you didnt ask them to make it!
    I think its one of lifes simple pleasures that is so often overlooked! I have a special mug i like to drink mine from aswell! So what type of tea makes you feel better in an instant? Is it black? Or do you prefer with milk and sugar? Or do you like Green Tea or Mint Tea? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 silverberg

I couldn't agree more! Nothing better than a milky cup of tea when it's lashing rain outside and you're all snuggled up. :) .........I think i'll go make a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

barry's tea, 2 sugars and a bit of milk, a nice chocolate digestive, oh or a piece of cake! yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Barrys Gold Blend no sugar lots of milk and anything chocolatey to go with!

/goes off to put kettle on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

Irish people are well known for producing a cup of tea when somethings wrong

'Ran over the cat'... 'Sure you'll have a cup of tea'

'Failed my exams'... 'Sure you'll have a cup of tea'

'The missus will be wondering where I am'... 'Sure you'll have a cup of tea'

Tea is THE BEST!

Hot. Not to strong, not to weak, good splash of milk!

/also goes to put on kettle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Tea is God.:cool: Small bit of milk with 2/3 spoons of sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I love tea! In the morning it helps you to wake up (not the caffeine, just because it's nice!) and in the evening it helps you relax! Also it's great in this cold weather!

I'm thinking of creating a wifi kettle, so I can boil the kettle while on the computer, and then go into the kitchen when it is boiled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Tea is the bestest 2 teabags (Barrys gold blend) for the strength left for at least 5 mins and the teeniest drop of milk in favourite mug and a rich tea to dunk pure heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Tea + Hobnobs. It's what they serve in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Tea!!:D
    Where would I be without it
    Lovely cuppa Barrys 2 sugars and about a tenth of milk mmmm what loveliness in a cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I love tea! In the morning it helps you to wake up (not the caffeine, just because it's nice!) and in the evening it helps you relax! Also it's great in this cold weather!

I'm thinking of creating a wifi kettle, so I can boil the kettle while on the computer, and then go into the kitchen when it is boiled!

Now there's an idea!:pac:

• Advertisement

That would be the coolest thing EVER! Oh could you imagine, you get up and go to he kitchen and all you have to do is pour!

/Is it really bad that im excited by the thought of this!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

wonderful when dealing with a hangover......real strong Tea, small bit of milk for me...no sugar....lots of dunkable bikies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Ooh, tea is my main vice! I drink it by the gallon, especially during the coldest winter nights. I usually make it very weak with a tiny amount of milk. When it comes to tea, I go for quantity rather than quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

had to make an 'emergency' trip to dunnes to get nambarrie today-was drinking a weaker brand and it just tasted of warm water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The best thing about a cup of tea is having something warm to hold in your hands.

I love dunking Twixxes into them, it is a fine art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lyons tea (medium strength, black, no sugar) and chocolate digestives. Or cake. Or pancakes (since Pancake day is approaching!) Mmmmmmmmmmmm... tea.

Plowman wrote: »

It's ok, I don't either.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Christmas pudding with a nice cup of tea.......any time of year.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

A nice cup after a stressful day always helps me unwind. Speaking of tea, I think I hear the kettle boiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

so do i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Im trying to get into green tea these days. Its just not the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ah I love tea.
    My diet during my college exams consists of 90% tea with no sugar and biscuits.
    Cannot understand how people drink coffee to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Cannot understand how people drink coffee to be honest.
    For the buzz obviously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Plowman wrote: »
    Hehe, that's like me and my pancakes- everyday can be a Pancake day. (maybe it's because I was born on a Tuesday..) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Nothing like a few good strong cups of tea the morning after a night out. M&S gold label is my most recent find and it is superb.

Jaysis I love tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Is having a glorious cup of tea right now :D

Was supposed to get my fix at 4pm but I couldnt :(

Guess il have to settle for some decaf later when I go home, or some mint tea..... getting too late to have any more caffeine today.... feeling a little jumpy at the moment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Daffs

Tea, always a lover of the stuff. Then got into the loose stuff...Wow. Black, Earl Grey (when Hungover) and green..Yum Yum, no looking back

Advertisement