Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl 2010 (where to watch)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

This may be useful - http://dublin.2night.ie/articles/eat%26drink/143/superbowl-2010.html.

Live updates on what's organised and where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Alright lads.

Have never been out for a NFL game. Usually just have bottles in my own with some friends. Anyways, thinking of heading the Woolshed for the match. What time would be best to get their? Guessing there's no chance in getting seats either unless I'm there early? Cheers lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Woolshed for me, was excellent last year and Ive been there a few times this season.

Although might be worth taking Monday off work :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can you book tables in the woolshed?? i've tried calling a few times but no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Can you book tables in the woolshed?? i've tried calling a few times but no answer.

I went in the other day to ask. With the crowd they're expecting and the chelsea arsenal game that afternoon they ain't taking bookings cause it would be to much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 jagerluvinliamo

Guys does anyone know of any where showing it in Cork. I know the admiral used put on a party for the past few years but i havent heard anything about one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Heading into the Woolshed at 3 for Cherlsea -v- Arsenal then just staying there.

Anyone know what kind of drink promo's they have on?
    I know last year they had pitcher's for a tenner but nothing on the website about this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kelleyt2001

I just saw this website if you are looking for a place that will show the whole super bowl. It meets at the Porterhouse in Temple Bar at 8.30pm on Sunday 7 February. Looks like you get some food and drink specials as well during the night and a reserved area to watch the game. Here is the site:

http://www.thedublincitypubcrawl.com

Geaux Saints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Frisbee wrote: »
    Heading into the Woolshed at 3 for Cherlsea -v- Arsenal then just staying there.

Anyone know what kind of drink promo's they have on?
    I know last year they had pitcher's for a tenner but nothing on the website about this year.

Think they do pitchers all year round to be honest, great value if you're going to be doing the dog on it all day there, which I will be.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Did ou have to pay in for the Woolshed last year?! I can remember being there for something last year and having to pay in!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Did ou have to pay in for the Woolshed last year?! I can remember being there for something last year and having to pay in!?

I wouldn't have thought so mate. I go to the Woolshed a lot and it's always been free in.

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/NFL.html

Says it's free in.

Hmmm wonder what that was for so.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kelleyt2001

Hope to see some of you out. Will be going to D2 for the Super Bowl. Have a reserved area and wanna see the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hmmm wonder what that was for so.......

Perhaps you were in a shed full of wool and you were charged for purchasing wool :confused:

Damn drink messing me up.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Damn drink messing me up.....
    Just don't spill it on your computer, it would trash your motherboard big time!

Haha no chance! WHile before I start drinking yet, still have to head back to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Guys does anyone know of any where showing it in Cork. I know the admiral used put on a party for the past few years but i havent heard anything about one this year.

Captain Americas are showing it, tickets are 5 euro, I don't jnow if you can buy tickets at the door though, it's part of UCCs rag week

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

just like to thank the rebels for the superbowl party in dandelion last night, it was epic!!!!!! thanks a milion lads!

Great crowd and atmosphere in The Woolshed last night.....majority of the crowd going for the Saints(much too my annoyance)!

The night is such a money maker for the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Great crowd and atmosphere in The Woolshed last night.....majority of the crowd going for the Saints(much too my annoyance)!

The night is such a money maker for the place!
    Did they stay open for the whole game? Did they provide any food and stuff?

Always stay open till after the presentations! Think they only stopped serving around 1:30-2! Had a food menu available till 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Did they stay open for the whole game? Did they provide any food and stuff?

Yup we didn't leave until after the presentation, which was after 3. And drink was served right up to about a half hour before the game ended, and food till 1am.

The food in there is great, I was there since 3 so I had a burger, nachos, chilli fries and a wrap over the course of the day...

Advertisement