Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ipod Dock on new golf

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Its getting like that kceire!!!

Will leave it for now and contact dealer on Monday

Many thanks to all who have helped

Ryan T wrote: »
    Its getting like that kceire!!!

Will leave it for now and contact dealer on Monday

Many thanks to all who have helped

its here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/mk6%20golf%20aux%20in/flogitg/AudioNetPhoto/Photo067web.jpg

Yes kceire thats it

But Vain my centre console is different to that one

• Advertisement

Yes kceire thats it

But Vain my centre console is different to that one

Looks the same as my bros mk6, only difference is the arm rest is up. It should still be in the same spot as yours, its only a aux in point for the ipod which is just a round hole that you get a aux cable to connect the ipod to the aux in hole.

EDIT: this is what your looking for http://media.photobucket.com/image/mk6%20golf%20aux%20in/99hjhm/Lupo%20GTi/DSC00148.jpg?o=1

Should be under your arm rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

How is it different its the same console they have in the mk5 and they always put ipod connectors in there. Do you have arm rest etc?

Yes I have the armrest but under the armrest is not the same as that photo. Mine has one pocket under the rest and not 2 as the one in the photo has

Yes I have the armrest but under the armrest is not the same as that photo. Mine has one pocket under the rest and not 2 as the one in the photo has

Yes and its in the pocket, well at least it should be, your only looking for a small hole not a dock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Time to call the sales person you were dealing with me thinks. Sounds like someone screwed up here. Op may be best to throw up a pic of your armrest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭cml387

OP, please come back afterwards and tell us, don't leave us in limbo.

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If there is not one i'd imagine it'd be easy to add one. Get them to do it for free. No I'm not jealous I was only messing with ya...!

Just asked my bro and he said its in the pull back compartment with the vw bottle opener near the handbrake, his is a 09 tdi highline tho so maybe your spec is base and doesnt have it?

Its a comfortline- and its listed as standard equipment- I will get back on later after I contact the dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Vain wrote: »
    Just asked my bro and he said its in the pull back compartment with the vw bottle opener near the handbrake, his is a 09 tdi highline tho so maybe your spec is base and doesnt have it?

Father has the same car but it's in the centre arm rest!
    Hard to see because it's placed on the front wall of the compartment and difficult to get an aux lead into it because it can't be seen clearly from the drivers seat.

OP it should be in the centre arm rest, your looking for a socket the same as a headphone one.

TBH i thought it was an optional extra around 70yoyos?
    You sure you are not looking at an english spec sheet?

No its on vw.ie site and in brochure for ireland

No its on vw.ie site and in brochure for ireland

what did the dealer say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

This is some thread... I have my popcorn ready for the next hunt!

gpf101 wrote: »
    This is some thread... I have my popcorn ready for the next hunt!

i think something is fishy to be honest............

• Advertisement

Brought it back to dealer- salesman told me it was under centre armrest- asked him to show me where but it was not where he thought it would be- in fact not in car at all- he agreed it was meant to be and showed me another comfortline with one in the centre armrest- going to get back to me on monday to retify-Thanks all for help

Hi

Was at the vw dealer today with my golf that has the missing ipod dock. He has ordered a new centre console for the car and has given me a free service for the hassle. He said that it very rarely happens and that he had never seen it before where a speced item was missing from the car.
    Thanks all for your help

Advertisement