Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trading Post

Options
  • 14-01-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Since the Generation 4 games allow battling and trading over Wi-Fi, I figured there should be a topic where people could request Pokémon they want and see if anyone has anything they want in return.

The usual trading rules apply, basically, no glitched Pokémon. Post back here after a trade and thank the poster if it went well, so we can get some sort of reputation system going.

So, post what you want, and your friend code, and hopefully some nice person will come along and have what you want! :)

I've wanted a Chikorita for ages, but I doubt anyone has one to trade. But if you do, let me know!

Friend Code: 5070 3712 9984

**Good Traders**
    Wobbles
    Rockmongrel
    DKZ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Be sensible, if someone screws you over there's not much we can do about it here.
    Just a note of caution :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Great idea syncosised!

I have some Chickoritas, I'll post up my FC later and we can trade :)

Great idea syncosised!

Must've been very hard to get a female starter?

Great Idea anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ditto is your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

maybe you guys are better off creating a sticky just for friend codes. Otherwise its gonna get very messy with codes everywhere. Must route out my ds and see what i have on diamond. Think i had nearly all the starters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I suppose putting friend codes in our signatures would be a good way to do it. That way the person still has full control over its visibility. You could also PM it if you don't want others to see it.
    Will wrote: »
    Be sensible, if someone screws you over there's not much we can do about it here.
    Just a note of caution :)
    That's true. I suppose we could have a list of bad traders, or ones under suspicion. In the end, it is up to the users themselves. People with a lot of posts or who have been around for a while would be unlikely to screw you over on a trade, if only for their reputation. I'd like to see this topic work out, it could really flourish with the new games.
    That'd be awesome, thanks! :) Is there any Pokémon you're looking for? I haven't got many, but I can look!

Nah, not really. I'll turn on the DS and get it in a little while.

1118 7951 8267

Pokemon Friend code. I'll be online tomorrow evening so just send me a PM or post here when you want to trade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Platinum: 4168 3685 4723

Have nothing worth trading yet. Might have something on Diamond but I'm too lazy to open the box. :pac:

Thread should get a sticky in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I can do you up a starter from any gen though I don't do nature, gender or moveset requests 'cause I'm lazy... I'm a very unreliable trader, owing to not having internet access when I have DS wifi access and vice versa. Except maybe on saturday mornings around 10-11am. However, if you really want one and you're not having a lie in this weekend I'll see what I can do.

That said, my old DS packed in and I haven't had time to repair it yet so I'm using a spare - does anyone know what happens to the game if I connect to the GTS or WiFi trading and update the game to use the new DS - does it change my friend code or prevent me going back to the old DS?

Currently I have a 1/2 box each of treeckos (nothing special), Feebas (surf, mirror coat, ice beam, the idea being they learn Recover or Aqua Ring as they level up) and Piplups (all lumbered with Waterfall and Surf) if anyone wants one. Edit : Just checked the box, there's also a male and female Larvitar (M relaxed, F quiet) and 5 volt tackling son-of-a-shiney Pichus (relaxed, timid, quirky, brave, hasty (F) ) ; some poocheynas, a bunch of flamethrowering Houndoor, a couple of bulbasaurs (M Docile, F Timid), a male Burmy, a vulpix and a couple of growlithes.

• Advertisement

I believe I read in the manual that a change in DS configuration causes you to lose your original friend code and all your Pal Pad entries. There's probably a way for you to transfer your new WiFi settings between DSs but it'd most certainly require both to be working.

Nuts, I used to use my neighbour's connection to connect to WFC, because the DS Lite won't access my WPA encrypted connection, and I don't want to change that. I remember reading about setting up a laptop as a wireless base station, I must look for that again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

Can anyone get me a Turtwig? I can trade a Chimchar.

Yes, I can get you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cftb_11

Hey just started the game but i have 3 cranidos all male, and kadabra with an everstone

nothing else special yet

anyone interested

I have those, but I'm sure there'll be some Pearl players interested in the Cranidos, as well as Platinum trainers with and odd ID!

What internet do you use if you dont mind me asking man?

On UPC, could change the security to WEP, but it's woefully insecure, and a good few people use the same connection, so I can't be changing that. I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi connector around though, so once I find that I'll be good to go!

No its just i have eircom and im tearing my hair out trying to get it to work with the ds

We've got eircom broadband my house and I have never had problems as a result of the ISP. Had a bit of trouble with the router at times especially because it was a bit of a Frankenstein's monster at one point.

What problem are you getting exactly?

• Advertisement

Anyone around for a trade? I've got Squirtle and Charmander eggs ... hoping to get some Bulbasaurs soon. Still looking for Chikorita!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

syncosised wrote: »
    Anyone around for a trade? I've got Squirtle and Charmander eggs ... hoping to get some Bulbasaurs soon. Still looking for Chikorita!

Eh, I've got a Bayleef here if you want it.

Is it female? I want to train up my Chikorita from a low level! :)

Is it female? I want to train up my Chikorita from a low level! :)

It is female, yeah.

Cool, what do you want for it?

Cool, what do you want for it?

Anything

Cool, I'll send you over a Squirtle.

My friend code is 5070 3712 9984.

Mine is 0559 4107 5555

Going on now

Awesome, thanks very much! The first successful trade of this topic! :)

• Advertisement

anyone on i have a good few things up for grabs

PLATES:
    -spooky plate
    -mind plate
    -fist plate
    -sky plate
    -splash plate
    -iron plate
    -zap plate
    -toxic plate